Always over on protein!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Carlybarleyx
    Options
    Thanks everyone...still finding this whole thing really confusing!!

It takes me around an hr to do the school run which I do twice a day and I'm walking for 50 minutes of that time then through the day I'm literally up and down getting the kids a drink, a toy, breaking up a fight etc! And I'm always running up and down the stairs for one thing or another!

x
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    If you're using MFP's ridiculously low protein settings on default, that's probably why.

Manually adjust stuff so you're taking at least 1g of protein a day per lb of weight.

Pretty much this. I am over everyday on my protein. Probably should go change the goal on it.
  • Carlybarleyx
    Options
    Going over on protein isn't such a big deal. That's fuel for your muscles. What I'm concerned about is trying to lose 2 lbs/week. Your body may fight you on so few calories. Check out the eat more to weigh less group here on MFP. This website is another excellent resource: http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/

I guess I'm just impaitent...I hate my body and just want to change it asap! xx
  • miller1208
    miller1208 Posts: 25
    Options
    I think we all do that to a degree. Hit it hard, then crash and burn. The thing is, you have a minimum amount of calories you need to function. BMR (basal metabolic rate) is what you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day. So, I had to do a little MFP change to my daily calories using my BMR and TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculations. Instead of the 1500 cals I was doing per MFP 1 lb/wk and eating back cals and feeling like crap, I now have about 2100 calories to eat. I still log my exercise, but try to eat at least my net calories over my BMR. The thing about this is that it's a moving target. Lose some weight, then recalculate. It's confusing, but research it through the links I shared.
  • radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and just reading up on different articles. How do I change my protein, carb and fat percentages! Yes...I'm asking for details.....until you reply ....I see if I can stumble upon it! Thanks in advance...:smile:
  • Versah
    Versah Posts: 7
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. =) Just remember, 1 pound weight loss per week puts you at a 500 calorie defisit everyday, and your body needs fuel. The most I would recommend if your in a hurry is 1 and a half pounds.