WHY IS EVERYTHING GOOD BAD FOR YOU!!!

Options
ugh.... I can't have anything that I want. I felt better when I had no idea all this stuff was bad for me.

Do you know how good a Strawberries and creme frappucino tastes BEFORE you know how many calories it is.

ugh....

I can only have 1200- 1300 calories a day... I either get ONE REALLY GOOD MEAL or some really insignificant snacks.

this change in lifestyle really sucks when your used to one type of food and then trying to change without any direction

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ya', it's a heck of an adjustment.

Try this - instead of that "Strawberries and creme frappucino"... try eating the actual strawberries. They're way yummy, and quite lo-cal. You can have a big ol' bowlful of 'em. They're good.

We go thru a couple pounds of cherries and/or strawberries and/or grapes every week. And lofat cottgage cheez. And a head of cabbage. And a whole watermelon. And corn on the cob. and b'less/s'less chix breasts. Nice lean pork loin. And almonds,,, There's lots of good stuff you can have.

You'll find your way. It just takes some learning and getting used to it. Have you looked through the recipes section of the board? Good good stuff there.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You have to find healthy ways to make the foods you love. I make pizza in whole wheat pita pockets with turkey pepperoni and lots of veggies. I also make turkey taco salad, zuchini lasagna, be creative and your taste buds will adjust. Good luck- Cindy :heart:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Try strawberry yogurt! Mm...

Experiment with different spices and flavors.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love to make homemade strawberry smoothies, just nonfat milk, frozen strawberries, and splenda. Adds up to about 130 calories.
  • lacysue
    lacysue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel and i am as disgusted as you.... 229333.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • Veronica320
    Options
    I feel your pain:sad: I'm still searching for that perfect "diet-friendly" ice cream.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain:sad: I'm still searching for that perfect "diet-friendly" ice cream.

Skinny cow. I like the fudge sicles. 100 cals & really good.