SCALE WON'T BUDGE so NSV

Options
OK.. while i do post NSVs sometimes, I'm very much a numbers oriented person, so the scale helps satisfy my need for numbers and concrete mathematical data. IT HASN'T BUDGED IN A MONTH. It's VERY frustrating.

SO to stop myself from going crazy, I backed up and looked at the GOOD changes over the month.

1: Despite the lack of pounds moving, Jeans that didn't fit in February, and were tight at the beginning of the month are loose.
2: I can FEEL myself getting stronger, I've increased weights on my lifting.
3: My balance is a lot better.
4: I used to struggle through Yoga, now I'm looking for ways to challenge myself just a bit more in some poses, and in others, I'm not modifying to make it easier as much.
5: I have more endurance than I did at even the beginning of the month.

The first 4 months had a lot of VISIBLE differences, as well as a lot of scale movement, and while I was feeling the benefits before, THIS MONTH has been a big month of FEELING the differences even if they can't be seen as easily as they have been.

The big change is that I've added a lot more strength training in over the past month, where before it was MOSTLY cardio.

Maybe I need to keep the strength training where it is, but increase cardio again, because I've cut back on it to fit in more strength in time available? Does anyone have suggestions on that?

(It's not the food component, the big change is not food over the past month, it's how I work out.)

Replies

• MovinonmomDawn
    Options
    Since you are a numbers person, the one thing that I am surised to see was that you never mentioned measurements, I am certain that you would be seeing some number changes there just by what you have said about your clothes, I bet you are building muscle and firming up hence the looser clothes. the number on the scale isn't the only measurement for success:)
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I struggle with accepting the accuracy of the tape measure since I'm measuring alone, and can't guarantee that the tape is hitting the same spot every time...

Though, on the ASSUMPTION of accuracy, I've lost a half inch at the hips, this month, no more at the tummy,

I never thought to measure biceps, or muscly areas to see how much BIGGER they've become, because while I love the definition I'm seeing, I wasn't looking for the slight bulking, so wasn't tracking it.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Very nicely put!!! You'll figure out how to make it move. My best to you
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Oh... and... just discovered... I need a new swimsuit. I am out (shrinking?) another one... I can make clothes last longer... but a swimsuit hits a certain point where continuing to wear it becomes a legal risk.... This will be my SECOND new suit since I started....
  • MovinonmomDawn
    Options
    See, truely the scale is not the only measurement of success! Good For YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!