2nd floor+ Friendly workouts

Options
Apologies for now profile picture, I've actually been a member of MFP for quite a while, but have just recently been browsing the forum for ideas/encouragement/etc. This is my first topic, but hopefully I'm ontroducing an issue that a few people deal with.

I live on the 3rd floor in an apartment complex. Last apartment was on the 2nd floor. I'm on my last week of Insanity and got through doing a lot of the workouts at my friend's house or just doing it in the afternoon's and hoping our crabby downstairs neighbor wasn't home.

Luckily no one lives in the apartment below us yet, so I can finish Insanity guilt-free. Once I'm done I'm going to get back into running, and maybe try to incorporate some strength training.

So this I ask of you MFP community: What are some good exercise videos that are friendly for multi-level workout spaces?

I'm mostly curious about ChaLEAN Extreme and 30 Day Shred.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Replies

• dhoddy
    dhoddy Posts: 35
    Options
    bump
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Apologies for now profile picture, I've actually been a member of MFP for quite a while, but have just recently been browsing the forum for ideas/encouragement/etc. This is my first topic, but hopefully I'm ontroducing an issue that a few people deal with.

I live on the 3rd floor in an apartment complex. Last apartment was on the 2nd floor. I'm on my last week of Insanity and got through doing a lot of the workouts at my friend's house or just doing it in the afternoon's and hoping our crabby downstairs neighbor wasn't home.

Luckily no one lives in the apartment below us yet, so I can finish Insanity guilt-free. Once I'm done I'm going to get back into running, and maybe try to incorporate some strength training.

So this I ask of you MFP community: What are some good exercise videos that are friendly for multi-level workout spaces?

I'm mostly curious about ChaLEAN Extreme and 30 Day Shred.

Thanks in advance everyone!

ChaLEAN Extreme, or anything using a suspension trainer. For ChaLEAN Extreme, highly recommend you use dumbbells and not bands. Many of the moves they ask you to do with bands will feel awkward and throw you off balance. Also, kettlebell workouts are amazing for this.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I like Bob Harper's Kettlebell workout. You work up quite a sweat, but there's no bouncing around and disturbing crabby neighbors. I should know, I used to live in a second floor apartment and my downstairs neighbor would complain if my husband walked to heavy or if something was knocked over.