The Inconvenience of Water

Options
I know that whatever success I'm having with my weight loss is due, significantly, to drinking lots of water. However, I have to pee ALL THE FREAKIN TIME. It has become a huge inconvenience. I have to drop what I'm doing at work constantly and it interrupts almost every activity I attempt to do. People keep telling me that after a while of consistently drinking lots of water, I won't have to pee so much, but this has been going on for a few weeks. Will it really level out or should I expect this from here on out?

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. I've been told to drink 1-2 gallons of water a day, and I'm just like... that's just too much. That amount wouldn't make me hydrated it would make me SOGGY.
  • majik0516
    majik0516 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am really interested in any answer you get about this as I have been drinking tons of water for a long time now and I am still not over it.
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Options
    bump

I agree I have been drinking lots of water for about 2 months now and feel like I am going to the bathroom several times!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I drink tons of water every day and have for a long time... I do not believe your body gets used to it as I still have to go a lot but that is a good thing albeit an inconvenience at times. For me coffee will make me go more than anything.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    2 gallons that is a lot of water...I know from my experience when I drank water to and excess it never got better as I had to go with the flow a lot. How about drink when you are thirsty or just make sure your pee has a tint of color to it.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking at least a gallon of water per day for years. Sadly, I still have to pee about once every hour or so :sad:
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I hope it tapers off soon because I have been drinking about a gallon of water a day now for about a week and WOW! The urge to have to pee comes suddenly, comes often, and is so annoying! On the plus side...it is almost entirely clear now, no odor whatsoever, and my skin is looking better. AND I figure I burn about 2-5 calories doing the potty dance every day! :laugh:
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Mine has never leveled out and I've been doing it for 2 months. I assume my body would have gotten used to it by now.

Today I had a job interview at 10:30am, and I refused to drink any water this morning for fear I'd have to get up 20 times during the interview to use the bathroom.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I fit it into my schedule. At work, sometimes I can't take a break for a couple hours, and when I know that's coming, I don't drink much water right before. When I know that I can take a break whenever I need to, I drink as much as I can. Hope this helps <3
  • rosetpee75
    Options
    Lets just say the more water you drink the more you pee..........i also drink lots of water and its so embarrassing if i got company. But that wont stop me from drinking it.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've been here-and drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day- since November, and if anything the peeing has gotten worse!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for over a year, and I have not gotten used to it yet! One day, maybe :) I know the water is good for me, so it's worth it but it is really frustrating.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    if you go to this site, there is a calculator that will tell you how much you should drink to help you lose weight.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm my doctor actually had me do this in his office about 2 weeks ago.
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    almost 2 gallons a day here... (I'm 6'7" 240lbs) and it won't level off lol..sometimes it's 3 times an hour at work :)
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You should be drinking enough so your pee is clear. The darker it is, the more dehydrated you are (urine is more concentrated). Anything more than that is just going to get flushed out.

Also gonna mention hyponatremia because it's relevant... If you drink excessive amounts in a short amount of time, your cells become unstable because of a low electrolyte concentration. There are reports of people dying from drinking too much water too fast.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water too so just walk around with my legs crossed, lol. I have the same problem, but guess it is a good problem to have as it shows we are flushing toxins from our bodies maybe?
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I, too, usually drink a lot of water. The ONLY thing that changes the number of trips to the ladies room is whether or not I've had a lot of sodium in my diet for the day.

:cry:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have that problem too. But it's a good problem. At least you arent going once a day with urine that resembles orange Tang.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I average about 96 ounces a day. I found I did visit the washroom a lot at first, but I seem to have levelled out to the point that I'm either used to it and don't notice, or don't seem to need to go as often.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i pee a lot as well.
    electrolyte type drinks make it worse.

plus i have a teensy bladder ;(