I have a vision of a skinny me!

Options
:happy: hello to everyone! I am starting to get back on track. I had the summer off and boy did I not eat the way I was suppose to.:grumble: I am a teacher going back to school tomorrow and ready to get into a healthy routine. My husband and I made a deal. Starting today and until Oct. 10th we are to lose 10% of our current weight. I have 6 weeks. If I win, he gets to be my slave for the day:bigsmile: :happy: . If he wins, he gets $200 from our account to spend it on whatever he wants. There is so much he can do for me and boy would I love to boss him around for the day!!!!! I have decided to go back to my trainer for three sessions to jump start my workout. If you guys have any suggestions on nutrition or exercise workouts to try, I would love it! Thanks

Replies

• mamamia866
    mamamia866 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    subsitution works great! turkey for beef, sweetener for sugar, wheat for white... all that stuff. if you're looking for healthy recipes, you don't have to buy a book, you can find a lot on the web. better homes and gardens, pillsbury, women's day... and a lot of them have nutrition information. if you want to go out to eat, go online to each possible restaurant's websites and check their nutrition information. I did this with dunkin donuts and texas roadhouse and it really opened my eyes. eating and staying healthy requires a lot of research, but take it easy; baby steps. same for exercise. know when to say no, but also know when to push yourself. have a routine, then make small changes. again, baby steps. you can do it!!!
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I love that he is making a deal with you. But what he doesn't realize is that we have more endurance. Beat him good!

:laugh:
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    subsitution works great! turkey for beef, sweetener for sugar, wheat for white... all that stuff. if you're looking for healthy recipes, you don't have to buy a book, you can find a lot on the web. better homes and gardens, pillsbury, women's day... and a lot of them have nutrition information. if you want to go out to eat, go online to each possible restaurant's websites and check their nutrition information. I did this with dunkin donuts and texas roadhouse and it really opened my eyes. eating and staying healthy requires a lot of research, but take it easy; baby steps. same for exercise. know when to say no, but also know when to push yourself. have a routine, then make small changes. again, baby steps. you can do it!!!

Is there anything decent for Texas Roadhouse? I have given up it because I didn't think I could have anything there but their salad w/o cheese.. LOL. I love their Prime Rib.

Back to the suggestions, I'm taking Vit B-12 and a multivitamin which gives me a little more energy. Lots and lots of water. I've added some extra help on my blog... it's at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/klaflamme if you want to read it. Best of luck to you!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • mamamia866
    mamamia866 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Is there anything decent for Texas Roadhouse? I have given up it because I didn't think I could have anything there but their salad w/o cheese.. LOL. I love their Prime Rib.

Back to the suggestions, I'm taking Vit B-12 and a multivitamin which gives me a little more energy. Lots and lots of water. I've added some extra help on my blog... it's at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/klaflamme if you want to read it. Best of luck to you!!!

at the roadhouse you can get a 6 oz steak and vegetables for sides. I like the chicken tender dinner with honey mustard and vegetables. recently I got the veggie platter with a side salad and stayed under 600 calories. the rolls have sooooo many calories, but don't deprive yourself, have one. the ribs are delicious. if you go with your husband/boyfriend, have him get the ribs and steal a couple, that's what I do :o) baked potatoes with sour cream and/or butter aren't that bad for you.