NSV Swimming!

Options
Before I gained most of my weight, I worked as a lifeguard, camp waterfront director, and private swim instructor. Although I never swam competitively, I've always been a swimmer.

However, I was BARELY able to swim enough butterfly (one quarter of one length of the pool) to pass my WSI certification, and this was back when I was healthy.

I've been working into my swimming since I started back, just trying to get the stroke to feel more comfortable, and last week I swam a full half-lap (one length of the pool).

Last NIGHT, I swam one full lap, or 2 lengths of the pool, butterfly! It felt so good! And man, it works your abs!

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!
  • arserine
    arserine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Nice! I am a competitive swimmer and I don't think I could do that out of season!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    i've never been a swimmer, but that sounds like an amazing success!!! Way to go!!! :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Woop!! Woop!! That is great =):bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!