Does anyone use water pills?

donna56
donna56 Posts: 412
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering if anyone uses water tablets to help with their weight loss?

Replies

• klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    I don't use them. Instead I drink lots and lots of water to keep myself hydrated and to help cleanse my system. Drinking lots of water is really good for you - your skin texture improves, you keep fuller, water helps maintain digestive health, water helps flush out toxins, reduces fluid retention, you have more energy, and it helps save money - bottled water is cheaper than most canned drinks. I also like to think of water as being the cushion to our working muscles.

I just read this from an online article, "Let's look at some facts. I am not trying to bring back H.S. biology class. Just want to give you some general ideas. An average human body is 80% water. Muscles however are 75% water. The fact is that muscles loose elasticity with diminishing water content. They get tight and if nothing is done, spasms might develop." ~ I found it at http://www.articleworld.net/articles/487/1/Water-makes-muscles-more-elastic!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    No ! I use lot's of water!! I once read in a health journal that water pills throws off the electrolytes in your body. Try natural cranberry juice/lemon juice for a day or two along with lot's of water and you will flush (in more ways than one)! Good luck!! Sorry I am a person that thinks pills are mainly a health risk.
    vhuber
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Very Good, thanks!!!
  • donna56
    No ! I use lot's of water!! I once read in a health journal that water pills throws off the electrolytes in your body. Try natural cranberry juice/lemon juice for a day or two along with lot's of water and you will flush (in more ways than one)! Good luck!! Sorry I am a person that thinks pills are mainly a health risk.
    vhuber

Don't be sorry for voicing your opinion. That's why I posted the question. Water pills were a big thing back in the day for losing weight. Hmmmm back in the day when I would have blown away if a strong wind blew!!! :laugh:
  • I do use them the ones they sell at walmart only when I feel really bloated If you use them every day for a week 2 of them it helps then the next week use them every other day it works i can lose like 3 -4 pounds of water weight in a day or 2..
  • donna56
    To think that I, at one time, wore a size 6. I thought I was fat back then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • donna56
    I do use them the ones they sell at walmart only when I feel really bloated If you use them every day for a week 2 of them it helps then the next week use them every other day it works i can lose like 3 -4 pounds of water weight in a day or 2..
    I may try them out and make sure that I drink plenty of water also.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    The only time I use water pills is during my cycle aquaban for bloating but other than that the ladies are right drink PLENTY of water and you can add lemon to it works like a charm:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • donna56
    Thanks everyone, I have some 0 calorie 0 sugar flavoring I can use to put into my water at work. I will try to drink the amount of water that I should. Maybe with the flavoring, I will be able to. Unfortunately, I actually hate water. I will do it though. :smile: I think the flavoring will help alot
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I'm on a diuretic for high blood pressure, and I am counting the days until I can STOP taking it. I miss being able to sleep through the night without having to get up to pee!
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Thanks everyone, I have some 0 calorie 0 sugar flavoring I can use to put into my water at work. I will try to drink the amount of water that I should. Maybe with the flavoring, I will be able to. Unfortunately, I actually hate water. I will do it though. :smile: I think the flavoring will help alot

I like the Lipton Green Tea To Go Packets - naturally contains antioxidants - rumor has it it speeds up your metabolism but I'm not sure if this is a true fact but it's a nice change from drinking plain water. It's 5 calories per packet. I was a soda-holic and I NEVER drank water. This was a lot to do with my mother's habits b/c she was a coca cola woman. :smile: But now, I drink about three 20 oz bottles of water a day. I graduated from sodas, to diet soda, and then to water. 80% is water, maybe 20-10% is my tea, coffee, or milk - this has been my greatest accomplishment. I try not to drink anything with calories - no more than the 5 calories in these packets. I'd rather have my calories on FOOD. hehe

I have to be very careful of my salt intake b/c my body will become a sponge to water if I have too much. I didn't think I had too much sodium today b/c I was with in my goal but I had a slice of turkey breast (in a package), and I can feel the fluid retention in my legs from just 1 slice. So, I will not be eating it anymore. Down goes another bottle of water then bedtime! I won't take a water pill though, I just drink more water and avoid high sodium foods.
This discussion has been closed.