5 lbs in 4 days

Options
Question: I lost four pounds in five days. How healthy is that? I have been limiting my caloric intake to a minimum and I run about four miles per day. I also take in about eight cups of water per day as well.

Any insight would be helpful.

You guys are the best.

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    If you just started a calorie deficit? Water weight.

If you were eating a suddenly lower amount of carbs? Water weight

A leprechaun danced on your pillow? Water weight.

Very slight chance you seriously were on some kind of platau and just dropped it, but it highly unlikely that over 15,000 calories worth of stored fat just vanished.....

...amputate any limbs?
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    If you are Just starting out, that isn't bad.. I've lost 5+ in a week before.. When you are really overweight and don't do much physical activity, then suddenly start.. you start losing weight faster.

I dunno if you just started or anything.. I know it isn't a bad thing, I do know you shouldn't try to lose that much every week. Losing too much, too fast can end up backfiring =(
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    It's water. It happens to most of us.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Men can sneeze and lose weight. 5 pounds for a man doesn't sound unhealthy at all.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Men can sneeze and lose weight. 5 pounds for a man doesn't sound unhealthy at all.

If it's fat, it would have to mean that 17,500+ calories were expended beyond normal metabolic upkeep.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

That is funny!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    funny and likely correct
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    it was most likely water weight... in addition to actual weight loss
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    Maybe 1 pound or 2 were actual fat loss. All of the rest was water weight.