Greetings from the the home of the tourist mouse trap

So over the past five or six years I had actively been trying different ways in which I could trace my eating & drinking habits and hold myself accountable to either maintaining a certain weight or (in this case) losing some weight. I bought the Wii in hopes that I could possibly use WiiFit to help me out a bit... and even joined a gym for a while. And then somewhere along the line I managed to screw up my back. Doing anything caused a lot of pain... walking, sitting, etc. Went through several different types of therapy trying to get things back to normal. 9 months later I was having surgery... and was then limited to what I was able to do for at least another 6 months. During that time I let myself go... I was sort of being good... but I knew I could be better. My weight had settled at steady level but it wasn't anywhere
Then recently I decided to get serious again. I eating healthier most of the time. I'm forcing myself to try to find the healthiest option available if I'm some place like Disneyland with visiting family... trying to exercise at least an hour a day... et cetera. It was via a friend who was using this app on his iPhone was I even made aware of it existing. And I've been using it for about 2 months now... and I'm seeing better accountability within my day-to-day. Some of my friends and co-workers have seen me using it as well and have become intrigued by what I was doing... and several of them have now installed the app on their iOS devices.

For me, my goal is to get down to 180-185 lbs... I know I won't ever get back to my weight from 11 years ago of 150 lbs but that was too skinny. I'm slowly on my way there... about 5 lbs lost in the last couple of weeks. Nothing compared to the 20 lbs my wife has lost in the past couple of months and she is still working on more.

edit: for those curious enough... the tourist mouse trap = "The Happiest Place on Earth" where a mouse is actually the big cheese.