What to do?

Options
Meg_78
Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
Feeling a bit lost and unsure.

I don't know what to do in regards to an exercise program.

Started MFP to gain, and am currently maintaining till winter when I'll probably do another bulk. The transition from big eating to a little less had been hard, and I'm still struggling to keep everything in check, so I know my food does need fixing (and it has also been particularly messy this week due to period, sick kids, kid with unidentifiable objects stuck in their ear, builders and other "getting in the way" crap, so don't scold me for it, I know it needs work!

I am still so new to this whole exercise thing, and love it, but I also want to do everything at once, but at the same time I don't know exactly what to do.

I want to work out 6 days a week. 3 of them will be lifting (which I have planned and under control) as part of the gaining is to get muscle of course. 3 of those days I want other stuff, probably videos as I don't want to run/ride/treadmill it, and have no imagination to do stuff on my own, I have lots of JM vids (30DS, killer buns, ripped, 6W6P) I have the The Insanity vids, have the p90x vids (that it required some equipment put me off that a bit) I get bored fast, so I wont attempt a big program like p90x or Insanity on its own, though I like the look of programs very much, I'm happier to mix them a little.

I am not a member of a gym. (lift free weights at home) hope to work up the courage to join one day though.

I want to be fitter, tighter, have better endurance and have more flexibility (yoga maybe?)
I don't want to lose weight if I can help it, but want more muscle maybe a little less fat.

So what vids do you like and why? If you do Insanity or P90x what are your favorite vids in it?

Any other ideas??

Thanks

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think you should join a gym and do heavy compound barbell lifts.

But really that's just what I like.
  • Meg_78
    Options
    Lifting alone is not enough, it bores me to just do that, I need variety. I tend to stop once I get bored, so I'm fighting really hard to keep finding stuff to do.
  • Meg_78
    Options
    Bump...::happy:
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Try Bikram Hot Yoga, not only physically challenging but mentally too. Amazing how they teach you it is about you and not other.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this....Will keep checking in as I'm interested to see what the responses are...:-)
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Have I forced "Tone it up" on you yet?? I might have already..but if not try this DVD. I have it, and it is harder than it looks! It is all about toning, and there are 2 DVD's with a bunch of different stuff on it, so you won't get bored....It revolves mostly around toning and strength, so it is right up your alley!!! There are total body workouts, booty, abs, and arms too....
    Also check out their site. You can youtube their free videos. They make new ones all of the time.
    If you sign up for their emails they send updates with workouts, and healthy food all of the time.

http://beachbabedvd.com/

http://www.toneitup.com/
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bumping for you!
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My opinion (and you know I'm no expert) is to really focus on the workouts and just good, healthy nutrition. Put the emphasis on strength training but feel free to throw some cardio in for your heart health and all around fitness. I know that for me, if I'm working out hard, my apetite falls into place so not eating enough is just not a problem. This is why I try to focus my eating on quality- making sure to get enough protein (1+ gram per pound of lean body mass), fruits and veggies, healthy fats, etc...I'm not saying ignore amount, but you may find that eating enough works itself out when you are training. If you do see your weight shifting in the downward direction, then you will know to increase your intake.