Eas advantEDGE carb control shake

Has anyone else tried these shakes as meal replacement? Did they help? I have been drinking an Equate Ultra Weight Loss Shake in the mornings for breakfast but found that the sugar content was high and it was just making me want more sugar. I switched to advantedge this morning and it tasted just as good and I didn't find myself guzzling it down in 5 seconds. They have 100 calories, 0 sugar, and 17 g protein.

Replies

• LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    I tried to use them as meal replacement, but they didn't leave me feeling full. Now I use them after a run as a post-workout snack:smile: I do love that they are low carb with lots of protein
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    I drink them a lot. I do like higher protein shakes better but these are great as RTD and taste really good. I have a snack about 2-3 hours after, they keep me full that long but not much more than that. I don't think I could go all the way to lunch on just a shake but to be honest even the 30gram shakes I probably couldn't either.

They are convenient and taste good. I am not tired of them after using for 7+ months (on and off with 3 other brands) and helped me lose 100+ in that timeframe.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Has anyone else tried these shakes as meal replacement? Did they help? I have been drinking an Equate Ultra Weight Loss Shake in the mornings for breakfast but found that the sugar content was high and it was just making me want more sugar. I switched to advantedge this morning and it tasted just as good and I didn't find myself guzzling it down in 5 seconds. They have 100 calories, 0 sugar, and 17 g protein.

"Help" with what? Making you full? Making you magically lose weight? Making your diet a whole lot healthier?

Shakes are just another way to get your calories. If you like the taste and the ingredients and they fit into your macros for the day then go for it. Or you could just eat food that you like. It's personal preference, none of them are magical!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    I have used them in the past and love them! The Equate shakes do have tons of carbs and the EAS just seemed a better fit for me. I have always bought the ready to drink and not the powder...l don't know how that would work. The protein seems to make them stick longer for me and I usually had a banana with it for breakfast because it wasn't quite enough to start my day.
    Best of luck!