Reintroducing myself

Options
Hazel0096
Hazel0096 Posts: 34 Member
I have been a member on MFP for years. I have come and gone with my tracking but haven't stuck with it.

In October 2002 I weighed in at 244lbs and just woke up one morning and decided I'd had enough. I joined an online program that is popular for meetings. I never went to a meeting but in the next 1.5 years I lost 70lbs. I got down to 174lbs and then I got pregnant with my first son. I now have 3 kids and my weight has topped out at 248lbs. At least 40 of those pounds have been gained in the last 12 months alone. Between "breaking up" with my best friend, falling down stairs and breaking my ankle and ribs and being off work for 6 weeks to going back to work full time for the first time in 7 years. To a desk job at that!

My husband and I decided it was time for new insurance a couple months ago and we got our policy back and I have been rated - which means because of my weight I need to pay extra premiums each month. An extra $23 a month. Yikes! In order to get that rating removed from our new policy I need to lose at least 30 pounds and keep it off for at least a year. I know once I get that 30 off I will keep going so I am not worried about keeping it off.

I started tracking again 15 days ago and I have already lost just over 5 pounds (5.2 or 5.6, not sure). I am back again. I will stick with it. Now I just have to get out on these boards and start chatting so I know this is where to turn in times of a chocolate attack.

I hope to get a chance to get to know a few people and make some "friends"

Jennifer.

Replies

• lilspringchicken
    lilspringchicken Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jennifer! We have such a similar story. Ten years ago I lost 60 pounds and while I kept if off with exercise for the first seven years, I struggled and regained some during some super stressful life changes. I indulged the cravings too often while pregnant, and now I'm working on losing 60 pounds again. I hope to be in the healthy BMI range by the last day of 2012.

Congrats on the weight loss so far and good luck with your return to tracking! Insurance premiums are going to be a huge motivator I'm sure! Please add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Hazel0096
    Hazel0096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lil! What a great goal to have set for yourself for the BMI, I just hope to have the 30 pounds off by then :)