How late do you eat?

Options

Replies

• CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you get hungry you should eat some raw vegetables, it has little calories and good in fiber. Broccoli, spinach, etc, no dressings though. You should also drink some water, b/c sometimes we may think we are hungry when indeed water would satisfy us just fine.

She had 200 calories left over, and that's taking into consideration the fact she's only on 1,200cals a day. We can assume she probably was actually hungry.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time you eat. But I don't eat anything after dinner. So I'm usually done eating for the day by 6:00pm. I will still drink water though.
  • livies_mommy
    Options
    until about 1 or 2 a.m. because calories can't tell time.

^^this
  • CaseRat
    Options
    As long as you have a high protein snack you should be ok, but you should stay away from carbs late at night.:smile:

Also, this is proven to be nonsense. If you've got carbs left in your macros; eat the carbs. They will not 'make you fat' if they fit into your calorie goals and macros, especially considering you're at a large deficit and only on 1,200kcal a day. They'll get processed the same as they normally would.
  • CaseRat
    Options
    oops.
  • CaseRat
    Options
    oops.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    My cut off for the day is about midnight. whatever calories i eat for the day, have to be some time before midnight. i don't really think it matters if you eat right before bed. i eat before bed a lot.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I frequently eat dinner at 11p.m. ,1a.m., etc. and it has not negatively impacted my weight loss.
  • dawnitalinn
    Options
    I once was recommend by my Naturopathic Dr.many years ago to eat 2oz of chicken and 1/4 cup brown rice close to bed time. It keeps your metabolism moving longer. If eating too close to bed time keeps you awake you need to eat a little bit earlier than 30 min before if you can. But I will say this I lost weight during that time even though I thought it would be a problem eating that close to bed it really wasn't. Don't go to bed hungry, especially if you have calories left to eat.
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    It would probably be better not to eat past 10 pm, but I am a night owl so it is really difficult for me. In the end I just decided that I had to do what works best for me. After all, I have to do this for the rest of my life so it has to be something I will maintain. I eat when I am hungry plain and simple.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    I eat dinner anywhere between 6:30-8pm. But I often have a snack later that night at any given time.
  • missgabriella22
    Options
    I try to have my dinner around 7:30/8 and then maybe a snack, such as an apple, or 100 calorie pack snack a little bit before I go to bed as long as I still have calories left for the day! Like everyone said, I don't think it matters! I just choose to eat dinner later because I am the type of person who gets hungrier at night. But find whatever works for you and be as consistent as possible! :) Good luck on your journey!!!
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I stop eating 3hrs or so before I plan to sleep and always lighter in the evening =)

Im a night owl

when your sleeping im awake

when your awake im sleeping lol
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm currently finishing up dinner and will have dessert in about an hour. :-)
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't care about time at all -- sometimes, I eat at 3AM. I'll just make sure it's a hour before I go to sleep.

It hasn't effected me at all because I still lost 40+ pounds, and reached my other fitness goals.
  • TraumaNurse2B
    Options
    Thanks you guys have been a a lot of help. I tried drinking water but it helped for about 10 minutes. I really thought I had eaten more but I guess I did not take into account the exercise portion of it, which put me at a deficit. Next time I'll know better. I gained most of my weight going back to school to get my BSN and I seem to mindlessly eat sometimes while studying (probably trying to stay awake) but now it must come off. Thanks for all your help and information!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I eat a cup of ice cream most nights at midnight. It doesn't matter what time you eat.

Me too....and agreed.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys have been a a lot of help. I tried drinking water but it helped for about 10 minutes. I really thought I had eaten more but I guess I did not take into account the exercise portion of it, which put me at a deficit. Next time I'll know better. I gained most of my weight going back to school to get my BSN and I seem to mindlessly eat sometimes while studying (probably trying to stay awake) but now it must come off. Thanks for all your help and information!

Ive been making homemade flavored water as of late, chop of fruits of your choice drop in a pitcher with water, whatever kinds you like experiment what I been doing helps TONS
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    my advice is to pay attention to your body and see how you respond.

If I eat salty items before bed, I wake up in the AM bloated.

If I eat sugary items, I don't sleep as well, and I'm FAMISHED in the AM.

If I stick to protein- such as string cheese/ plain greek yogurt (sweetened w/ stevia)

I do MUCH better- I sleep well, I don't wake up hungry or bloated.

So for me, it isn't the time- it's WHAT I eat.

Good luck....

PS- peek at people's diaries if they're OPEN to get snacking ideas
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I keep a stash of bacon under my pillow. :-)

:love: how you doinnnnn :love: