PLEASE HELP! Is it possible to lose 15lbs in 5wks?

I have Lupus and get extremely tired sometimes. I have put on weight... Currently 162lbs. I started losing weight in April and I have since lost 12lbs. I am trying to speed up the amount I am losing. I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for about a week now and always eat under that amount. If I continue this is it possible I will lose the 15lbs by August 1st?

Replies

• nilla128
    nilla128 Posts: 30 Member
    Everyone loses weight at different rates but please don"t eat less than 1200- you will only make yourself feel even more tired and ill- our bodies need fuel- fill it up with the good stuff.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    15 pounds in 5 weeks when you're already under 160-150 pounds is rough and not healthy
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Recommended? No. It's really hard to lose quickly when you don't have a lot to lose. You would need to reduce your intake to unsafe levels to lose 3 lbs/week, too.
  • nyteyz82
    nyteyz82 Posts: 43
    totally possible to lose 15lb in 5 weeks, I'm a perfect example, i lost 22lb (10kg) in the last 5 weeks (3 weeks on MFP)
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    i think its ok to lose 3 lbs a week when youre obese, but youre already in a pretty healthy range maybe shoot for 1 or 2 lbs a week?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Possible = yes
    Healthy = hell no!
  • Thank you all. 2lbs a week is fine... Would I just continue the 1200 calorie diet? I don't eat after 6pm and usually have at least 400 calories left over every day... If this is not healthy is there a way I can boost my metabolism? I'm just terrified I'm going to gain lbs. When I tried to eat small healthy meals every few hrs I gained weight.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Thank you all. 2lbs a week is fine... Would I just continue the 1200 calorie diet? I don't eat after 6pm and usually have at least 400 calories left over every day... If this is not healthy is there a way I can boost my metabolism? I'm just terrified I'm going to gain lbs. When I tried to eat small healthy meals every few hrs I gained weight.

Do some research...if you are on a 1200 calorie diet but still have 400 calories left then you are really on a 800 calorie diet. You gain weight because you're body is trying to make sure it holds enough since you are eating so little. Do some research on "eat more weight less"
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    totally possible to lose 15lb in 5 weeks, I'm a perfect example, i lost 22lb (10kg) in the last 5 weeks (3 weeks on MFP)

You are over 100lb heavier than the OP. your experience is vastly different and can't be compared.

OP you already have health issues. Why would you want to risk more? You don't get a medal for losing in a certain amount of time. Keep eating in a healthy manner and the weight will come off.
  • My usual weight is 130. I do not like how I feel with the extra weight added. I used to jog daily over 5 miles. Since I have been sick its hard for me to even jog once a week. I'm hoping the faster I can remove the excess weight the better I will feel.
  • Oh and I forgot to mention... I'm kind of tired of people asking me if I'm expecting! :'(
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    Oh and I forgot to mention... I'm kind of tired of people asking me if I'm expecting! :'(

funnily enough that stop asking you when you curse them out. when i was in grad school here were a few guys who thought it was funny to ask me this until one day one guy asked and i verbally handed *kitten* to him . think they tried that crap again? NOPE
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Thank you all. 2lbs a week is fine... Would I just continue the 1200 calorie diet? I don't eat after 6pm and usually have at least 400 calories left over every day... If this is not healthy is there a way I can boost my metabolism? I'm just terrified I'm going to gain lbs. When I tried to eat small healthy meals every few hrs I gained weight.

Do some research...if you are on a 1200 calorie diet but still have 400 calories left then you are really on a 800 calorie diet. You gain weight because you're body is trying to make sure it holds enough since you are eating so little. Do some research on "eat more weight less"

Like this poster said, you are on a 800 calories diet. That's a problem and could lead to an eating disorder.
  • Susan923
    Susan923 Posts: 61
    Eat every 3 hours. Eat MORE THAN 1200 calories. Eat nice,clean, healthly REAL food. Do 3 days of strength training combined with 3 days of cardio.
    ALL OF THESE THINGS WILL BOOST YOUR METABLOISM ALL DAY LONG AND YOU WILL LOOK AWESOME!!!!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    15 lbs is 52,500 calories you need to work off. To lose that much in 5 weeks:

10,500 calories a week burn which is 1500 calories burned a day ON TOP OF YOUR REGULAR ACTIVITY.

Unless you're at 40% + body fat or so, I don't think it's possible without chopping off a body part.
  • krissyl72
    krissyl72 Posts: 17 Member
    Studies show drinking green tea will help boost your metabolism big time. You can also try eating non-fat greek yogurt and make sure you eat a lot of fiber rich food... It'll naturally scrape away the fat in no time!