GREEN TEA

Options
I read all the claims about green tea and am wondering if anyone has had any results? Does it work, or is it just media hype? I seem to have hit a plateau and want to break out soon!

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I have read that green tea can help increase your metabolism for a short time after you drink it - perhaps an hour. But there is no real conclusive evidence that this is the case.

However Green Tea is very good for you in many ways so why not enjoy some before you exercise? Or after, or any time? :-)

What helped me break my plateau was to decrease my calories by a couple hundred a day. As sad as that seems. :-) But it's worked. I had just started a work out program and really could not up my exercise at all.

You might also want to try what some people do. They stagger their eating - eating a bit over their calorie allotment one day then under the next.

Also I've heard that changing up what you eat - more protein if you're carb heavy also helps.

This thread by Banks also helped me to understand that sometimes plateauing is natural:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Good luck to you!!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    if you like green tea, i think its is a great help to weight loss bc your not drinking soda or juice. does it help give you a big weightloss? i dont think so, but it does have so many benefits, and can be consumed in so many ways. i am having a cup right now. if i am having a sugar attach, i first try a cup a tea with splenda and it usually gets rid of the craving.