So how are you guys today?

Options
Really, I mean that. Are you having an awesome day? Did you get that promotion you've been waiting on so desperately? Maybe your day's not so good. Did someone make you angry at school?

Tell us about your day, and I or someone else who is wonderful should post to give you congratulations or encourage you in the time that you're upset now. =).

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I am despondent because I feel I am plateauing and feeling very unmotivated after returning back from my holiday away. Motivation please!!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Myself, I'm having a decent day that feels worse than it should.

I wrote up my two weeks' notice today. I don't plan for sure on turning it in tomorrow, but I wanted to write it just to see how it felt to make the idea of leaving my job feel more real, you know what I mean? I'm still waiting to hear from a jewelry store about a part-time position. Long story short, I've been waiting on it for a week or so, and I called the DM there tonight and she set up another "refresher" interview for me for Tuesday.

So I'm kind of happy the opportunity is still open, but I'm unhappy that it's taken so long and that I'm *still* at the portrait studio.
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    not the greatest, i hate sitting around at home at night it makes me think of all the things i dont like about myself because i have nothing to keep be busy:(
  • KharismaticKayteh
    Options
    I am despondent because I feel I am plateauing and feeling very unmotivated after returning back from my holiday away. Motivation please!!
    Totally understand! What were you doing during your holiday? If you feel like you've just spent the time lazily, you should motivate yourself with a walk, maybe even at a sauntering pace. Take time to calm yourself and feel happier as you walk. If you've still been working out and whatnot during your holiday, maybe what you really need is a spa day for yourself, whether you go out and pay money for it, or just run yourself a warm bath at home with some smell good bath salts. Nothing motivates me like taking care of myself.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I feel kind of depressed because my scales havent moved and I am trying so hard
  • KharismaticKayteh
    Options
    not the greatest, i hate sitting around at home at night it makes me think of all the things i dont like about myself because i have nothing to keep be busy:(
    Oh, man, I hate that. Do you read? Even if you don't read like "smartsy" stuff that most people don't care about, there's still a lot of stuff online you can read to keep yourself busy. With my *kitten* sense of humor, I love reading articles on Cracked.com if I just need something to keep my mind busy. If you're having trouble motivating yourself to find something to keep your mind busy and off of those thoughts, think of all the things you do like about yourself (I know for some people, that's easier said than done). Worse comes to worst, think about the things you know other people like about you.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Having a rough week so my day wasn't that great.

All the best on the job!
  • blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Don't trip about the scales it's a lie but on a good note I had a good day besides getting my *kitten* whoopped all on xbox hahaha
  • KharismaticKayteh
    Options
    I feel kind of depressed because my scales havent moved and I am trying so hard
    Relax, man. My scale often goes up, and it infuriates me, but like I recommended to someone else earlier, nothing makes me feel as good as taking care of myself.

I was so angry recently because of my weight going up (which I'm pretty sure it because work stress, but that may end soon), so I decided I was going to stop being angry, get a shower, and do the things I love to do to pamper myself. I soaked in a warm salt bath (which is definitely a treat for me, because I usually take cold showers). I treated my skin to a homemade sugar scrub (which is wonderful, by the by, message me if you'd like a recipe). I dried off, treated my hair with some awesome anti-frizz stuff I got in the mail that just... ahhhhh. I feel better about myself just thinking about how much better I can feel. <3.

Do whatever makes you feel spoiled without making you feel like a fatty. ;).
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I have just started my day right now but only slept for 4 hours last night. Things have been rough but I hope everything will be OK soon.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    Options
    Don't trip about the scales it's a lie but on a good note I had a good day besides getting my *kitten* whoopped all on xbox hahaha
    Bahahaha! Which is why I'm anti-online gaming like on Live. xD. The only way I can be the very best is if I'm only competing with computers.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear so many of you have had rough days. I must admit my week has been difficult and I've not been in the best mood. But seeing other people at the same place makes me feel bad and kind of silly as I enjoy helping people.

On that note, I truly hope you all have better tomorrows. FWIW, looking at your profile pics, you're all very beautiful! Except @ukaoma10, he looks cool! And @determined2lo, I agree "This too shall pass". (I think we just wish it would pass *faster*. :smile: )

--PD
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I had a good day overall. Was productive at work, and had a killer cardio class at my martial arts school tonight.

.......and it's that much closer to Friday! :smokin:
  • KharismaticKayteh
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear so many of you have had rough days. I must admit my week has been difficult and I've not been in the best mood. But seeing other people at the same place makes me feel bad and kind of silly as I enjoy helping people.

On that note, I truly hope you all have better tomorrows. FWIW, looking at your profile pics, you're all very beautiful! Except @ukaoma10, he looks cool! And @determined2lo, I agree "This too shall pass". (I think we just wish it would pass *faster*. :smile: )

--PD
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure things will improve on my end. The more I think about it, the more I may leave my job, and even though it will suck not having my own money, at least I know I'll still have a home, I'll still have food, and I'll be okay. I won't be as stressed as I have been, and my weight will come off more easily. Ultimately, I'll feel good about myself. It will be harder to find work than it is now that I'm employed, but it will be okay.
    I had a good day overall. Was productive at work, and had a killer cardio class at my martial arts school tonight.

.......and it's that much closer to Friday! :smokin:
    Now that's awesome! Man, I wish I knew jack about martial arts.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Day just got worse - have injured my knee so i can't do any cardio. Any suggestions on exercises that spike heart rate that won't hurt my knee? Tried cycling thismorning but it has just aggrevated it - grrrrrr
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Meh. I have to give up one of my days off to go into work tomorrow because of the holiday so I'll be working Tuesday-Saturday, ten hour shifts. It makes me exhausted just thinking about how I won't be able to sleep in again until Sunday. >.<