Lapse

Options
Hmm..:grumble: Ok so I made my husband some vanilla cake on Tuesday night and I had one tiny piece and I thought I was good. Well then today I didnt have to work until 1 and my husband was gone. That's right :angry: He left me and the cake alone together! Welp, needless to say I had a binge and now my calories which are supposed to be 1200 are now pushing 1700...

feeling very bummed!

Replies

• opatt23
    Options
    Hmm..:grumble: Ok so I made my husband some vanilla cake on Tuesday night and I had one tiny piece and I thought I was good. Well then today I didnt have to work until 1 and my husband was gone. That's right :angry: He left me and the cake alone together! Welp, needless to say I had a binge and now my calories which are supposed to be 1200 are now pushing 1700...

feeling very bummed!
  • MScaduto
    Options
    :smile:

That's ok! You'll get through it. We all do it and anyone who says they don't have moments like that is a big fat friggen liar! LOL.

Just pick your head up, exercise a bit more today to make up for it and keep moving. You've been doing well this far, don't let this set you back! It's not worth it!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    It's nice to see that you are noticing these areas while you have 5 pounds to lose and not waiting until you have 50 or 150... Kudos for that... :flowerforyou: Get rid of the cake if it's a temptation too great to overcome, send it to work with hubby, saving him one slice for later.
  • alaskagal
    Options
    I know this goes against every grain in our bodies and it took me YEARS before I was able to do this but.....I've actually had to throw perfectly good desserts and junk food into the trash....just to save myself. I'm a former member of the "clean plate" club and also a subscriber of the "thou shall not throw good food away" club.

Realizing that my eating the junk wasn't going to keep starving children in other countries from still starving was a big lightbulb moment for me.

Don't beat yourself up about this. Just remember next time that you aren't responsible for cleaning the dessert plate. :wink:

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Alaskagal,

I so agree with this. I recently jumped into the ring of people who now throw things away. When I cook now I read the serving size per person and that's what I make. If I have anything left, and I KNOW I'll use it the next day, I keep it. Otherwise, out to the compost it goes to help make better food for next year, that's how I think of it. When you think about the price of things, a cake mix, if you use one, is one of the least expensive things there is to buy. I personally don't find cake a temptation, but I still use caution. I make the cake into cupcakes, freezing all but what I want for the night, or make two layers, freezing one. If I start to feel guilty about tossing the food with people starving, I buy a bag of healthy food options when I go shopping and drop it at the food bank on my way home. It's much more productive than eating the brownies. A lot of what we do is finding a way to silence the little voices in our head that tell us do make negative choices. We each have to find our own way through this.
  • its time for change
    Options
    know this goes against every grain in our bodies and it took me YEARS before I was able to do this but.....I've actually had to throw perfectly good desserts and junk food into the trash

Yesterday, I bought some lite miracle whip and threw away the perfectly good almost full mayonaise. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do!!