28 year old guy with 150+ pounds to lose, checking in!

Options
Hey all, how's it going. I guess I'm the stereotypical 20 something overweight man. . . or at-least that's what I like to tell myself, lol. I have been down this weightloss path many times but this time I'm sticking with it and doing it big. My wife is on board and doing it with me. I'm lifting weights every other day and on my off days I'm doing the couch to 5k program with her. We are on week 2 and going strong! I have a family now, 2 young daughters. . . . I have to get control of my life now, no more excuses!

Would love some people to follow as well and get motivation/inspiration some. . . .and in return motivate and inspire you!

I look forward to getting to know more people in this community and wish you all the very best!

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a great place. When, I started, I was in the same boat as you. I am now 2/3 of the way to goal. It takes work, but it is possible and so worth it.
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It is great that you and your wife is doing this together. It makes things easier all around remember this is not a diet it is a whole new way of life and it is a fantastic jorney enjoy it together.
    You can friend me...
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's wonderful that your wife is also doing this journey with you. Congrats! Also a big welcome and I hope to see you and your wife's after pics in the success section soon. Welcome!