FitBit

Options
Does anyone have a FitBit? And how do you like it? I just read up on them, and it seems very cool and I was thinking about getting one, but since it is a little pricey, I wanted some input. Thanks :)

Replies

• LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have one! I love it!

Love the customer service too, well worth the price..

I left mine in my jeans and my husband ended up washing it. Fitbit suggested to soak it in rice over night. That did not help but I'm assuming that is because I didn't put it in rice right away. Fitbit is going to replace it for FREE. Even though it's totally on me.
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I should have mine tomorrow, I heard and read very good reviews on it. I'm stoked to get mine. I'll let you know what I personally think once I get it
  • Koryuu
    Koryuu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I actually just bought one. So far it seems really cool, but the real test will be tomorrow when I wear it to work. ^_^ All of the myfitnesspal food logs automatically import to the fitbit site, which is nice.
    I was hesitant about the price as well...so I bought one on ebay, new, for about 1/3 off the list price. I'll let you know more of what I think of it tomorrow!
  • Tigermomma66
    Tigermomma66 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just recently got one, and I love it!! I previously had a BodyBugg, and this is twenty times better. I really wish I had gone with this instead of the BodyBugg originally.

I personally find it well worth the investment. I can accurately tell not only how many steps I've taken but also how many calories I have burned.
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have one! I love it!

Love the customer service too, well worth the price..

I left mine in my jeans and my husband ended up washing it, they suggested to soak it in rice over night, but that did not help so Fitbit is going to replace it for FREE. Even though it's totally on me.
    Are they making you send back the old one? I read that their customer service it great.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Had mine for less than a week, and find it useful, though I do add in any heavy exercise manually. Not sure it's accuracy, as adding in my exercise calories today, it totally my burning around 2800 calories yesterday, lol. I am averaging about 15,000 steps though and sometimes as many as 50 flights of steps when cycling
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I did a lot of research before buying, and 99.99% of the reviews I read were positive. It determines your calorie burn based on your weight and movement. I love that I don't have to keep track of my exercise and log it manually in MFP anymore. I just clip it on and go on about my day and it keeps track of everything for me. You won't be sorry - it's worth every penny!
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have worn one since February.....I am LOST without it....Ask my husband when he has to help me find it.
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my fitbit. Could never do without it. I'm addicted.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I also love my fitbit and since March have only had one day that I forgot it and I was lost and so bummed about it. Keeps me motivated to get in as many steps as possible and to keep moving
  • Timo113
    Timo113 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love it, it keeps me motivated. It has pushed me to make sure I get at least 10,000 steps a day. I love the dashboard, it is so cool, well worth the money.
  • johnscat1981
    johnscat1981 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really want one, someone tell me why it is $50.00 better than other pedometers.
  • miturner247
    miturner247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! You can get them cheaper on ebay.
  • yokumt
    yokumt Posts: 4
    Options
    It is worth the money.
  • SAVVYstylist19
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I really appericate all the commnts, I really want to get one even more now.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I really want one, someone tell me why it is $50.00 better than other pedometers.

The Fitbit will track your steps, miles, floors you've climbed, calories you've burned & you can even track your sleeping patterns. When you exercise harder than walking (IE: running or stairmaster), it has a timer that you can use to track how long you exercise & you can enter that information into MFP. Fitbit automatically syncs with MFP, so you don't have to enter your walking manually.

I love my fitbit. It's like my American express card, I never leave home without it. It's not 100% accurate, it counts steps while you're driving for example, but I can live with that. We have 3 fitbits in our house, and I have no problem recommending the fitbit to everyone who asks.
  • Koryuu
    Koryuu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! The first one stopped charging after ten days, so the company sent me a new one! and I love it! If it will last till at least the end of the year, it will be worth the expense, I think
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options

The Fitbit will track your steps, miles, floors you've climbed, calories you've burned & you can even track your sleeping patterns. When you exercise harder than walking (IE: running or stairmaster), it has a timer that you can use to track how long you exercise & you can enter that information into MFP. Fitbit automatically syncs with MFP, so you don't have to enter your walking manually.

I love my fitbit. It's like my American express card, I never leave home without it. It's not 100% accurate, it counts steps while you're driving for example, but I can live with that. We have 3 fitbits in our house, and I have no problem recommending the fitbit to everyone who asks.

you can go into your settings and set the length of your pace for more accuracy. mine has never tracked while driving, on elevator or escalator, or anything....I had mine for 4 months and it stopped working, and they replaced it no problem, didn't have to send them anything but info.

It's fabulous. for cardio, i use my hrm. but i walk A LOT at work and so I like to know what I am burning there.
  • LaRizza
    LaRizza Posts: 3
    Options
    So far all of the feed back I have read has been amazing! I am planning to buy a FitBit to help me track my steps at work and elsewhere throughout the day. I know that it will keep be motivated to see all the calories burned going about my daily life and hopefully will push me to log in more time exercising!!
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit. My main quibble is that it does not accurately keep track of stairs (yesterday, for example, it didn't count 3 trips). That, and it forces me to move because I want my flower to grow! :laugh:

ETA: I climb steps and work and sometimes ride the elevator back down (My knees object to going back down every now and then.) I've never had it get confused.