My best workout so far bearing in mind I'm V lazy

Options
so hi everybody, now i have my HRM i like looking at cal burn in short burst and long time effect.

Today was my hardest constant workout. 423cals in 40.07 mins including 4 min stretch at the end.
I generally sleep most of the time and hate exercise and found the HRM was good for motivation. well today i had a big breakfast so decided to work extra hard to get rid of it so i did a five minute warm up and then the 100pushups challeneg for today and then Jillians 30 day shred level one. felt great at the end and I'm now at work thinking.
1. what's everybody elses max heart rate in shortest amount of time? and what did you do to get it?
2. when do you take your heart rate monitor off. i feel like if i left it on the figures would be higher than taking it off straight away, based on the fact that my HR takes about 3-5 mins to return to resting?

one more question. If i do two shreds in one day is there any benefit of doing tham back to back as opposed to doing one in the morning and one in the evening? i want to enjoy friday night so im thinking extra hard work may help lol.

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I would think doing them back to back would be better. When I started working out with my trainer, I went in just to do my cardio ( I was off form working with her that day) in the morning and when I was leaving I asked her if it was okay if I went back that afternoon to do cardio again. She told me not to go back to do it that afternoon again because I don't want my body to get use to burning fat 2x a day.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I would think doing them back to back would be better. When I started working out with my trainer, I went in just to do my cardio ( I was off form working with her that day) in the morning and when I was leaving I asked her if it was okay if I went back that afternoon to do cardio again. She told me not to go back to do it that afternoon again because I don't want my body to get use to burning fat 2x a day.
    okies cheers maybe i will just do a longer warm up and longer warm down. i get bored standin in one room watching jillian for that long lol
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

??? Really?? I have never heard that! Did she give you any reasoning behind that? I've heard repeatedly that it is o.k. and even helpful to breakup your exercise throughout the day. But never heard that! Just curious as to why she would say that - thanks!
  • santoshrane
    Options
    I am sure you have your goal defined. If you dont want to win Mr olympia and your goal is to have a beach body then this is for you.

HRM is a good investment. You have to workout to make sure your heart rate reaches 70% of your MHR, then try and keep it that way for 20-30 min.(Fat buring Zone).

You can remove your HRM when your owrkout is over and have finished recording.

Second you can focus on internval training which i would swear by. Do circuit patterns and high intensity interval. Even after you hae finished your workouts you keep burining fat the entire day.

Anything you do , done in moderation is good for health. Anything over it may cause injury.