Is that how Biggest Losers do it?

Options
13»

Replies

• Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was a big fan of one of the series of BL .. Overtime I managed to find and add MOST of that series (the 'Losers') on Facebook.

and hand on my heart.. almost EVERY one of them is right back where they started when we first 'met' them .. soo soo sad!!

(and disheartening!)

As others have already said.. I think we could ALL lose like that.. but the difference is learning.. and knowing how to maintain.. and knowing its an almost constant thing.. not a thing to dive ALL in for 3 mths just to 'get there' .. it IS the staying there isn't it.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    They never really mention how many cals the contestants are eating in a day either.....Who knows maybe they are eating enough to sustain those workouts??

They don't.....I have a friend who was on The Biggest Loser 3 years ago and she said they would dehydrate themelves prior to weigh-ins. They go into starvation mode, she did not get enough nutrients and lost a lot of her hair and her body was not in a healthy state at the final weigh-in. But they are there to win the money.

Today, she has kept the weight off and she looks great, but she has maintain the healthy lifestyle and continued to excersise and eat clean. She looks a lot better today than she did at the time of the weigh in 3 years ago with about 15 more pounds on her than at that time.
  • KnittingSoo
    KnittingSoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what the real stats are on BL contestants who regain weight -- but the reality is that the stats in the 'real world' (right here on MFP, Weight Watchers, Dukan, Atkins....) of people who regain their weight are pretty dismal. Studies/research quote 80 - 90% of dieters regain all or MORE of what they lost. I expect that BL isn't far from that.

Don't kid yourself that your way of losing (whatever your way might be) guarantees long term success.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    For all the naysaying, I'd still rather be 200 pounds trying to keep the weight off, which, despite abundant evidence to the contrary, I'm sure I could do, than be 500 pounds and looking at 2 or 3 years of diet and exercise to get down to a healthy weight.