Protien suppliments.. help, ideas, suggestions??

Options
Okay so I was thinking of starting up a protien suppliment program and have picked out two.
One being Gold standard 100% Casein. I choose this one for use at night before bed to help with recovery.

The other I was going to use for the mornings, AMP Wheybolic extreme 60.
My goal is to make sure I have at least 100+ grams of protien per day.
These two combined would provide 84G perday.. taken every night and morning.

I would like to know how well they work?
Has anyone protien and noticed any real gains?
I know the Casein is said to work real well at night and help with recovery, and
the other is good for pre and post workouts.
I'm looking at spending almost 200.00 I'd hate to waste money, so any help would be great.
These two I think I like the best out of all that I've looked up. What I'd like to know is how well protiens work in general,
and how much success you all have had with these different types? Thanks!

Replies

• hyper24
    hyper24 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi !

Protein is a must. If you can get all your required protein requirement by eating meals, then you needn't buy protein powders. But if you don't then protein shakes are your best bet.

I drink protein shakes 4 times a day (whey 3 times and casein at night).

When I was lived in the US, I used to buy Optimum nutrition. They are lovely - good quality and cheaper compared to other brands. I've also tried AS2 isolate, but its much more expensive.

If you looking to add muscle, it is worth it to spend some money on protein powders.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Why can't you get 100 grams of protein a day from actual food and save your money?