HALP! PMS Cravings

Options
PMS strikes with a vengeance... and all I can think about is chocolate and carbs. Chocolate covered carbs would be amazing.

How do I shut this up (and the first one to say "willpower" will get punched) without killing my great progress, and how well I've followed my plans for this week!? All I want to do right now is eat an entire batch of brownies!

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Oooh, sorry girl, I dont think any Dr or study or pill has figured this one out.
  • kerriecragg08
    Options
    chocolate covered strawberries are only 34 calories each... other than that? i think of somthing gross ontop of chocolate, like peas or flies hahaha i dont know
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars are pretty good. 180 calories tho.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Ok. I get PMS cravings too... I think it's because of how many calories we burn at this TOM. I'll say it, if no one else on this thread has yet... WILLPOWER.

BUT... if that fails... & you're in Canada, I tend to pick up Thinsations Oreo cookies (100cal for one bag that has like, 30 mini-cookies in it) & that tends to cover me. I don't usually eat the entire bag in a sitting, I keep it around.

And I drink A LOT of water that day. A TON. Like... back teeth floating kind of ton.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered strawberries are only 34 calories each... other than that? i think of somthing gross ontop of chocolate, like peas or flies hahaha i dont know

Chocolate covered strawberries might be an option.... wonder if I can make that out of melted chocolate chips....
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownies! Only 90 calories each...the chocolate are my favorite, but there are peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie ones, too. :love:
  • AzhureSnow
    Options
    Ok. I get PMS cravings too... I think it's because of how many calories we burn at this TOM. I'll say it, if no one else on this thread has yet... WILLPOWER.

BUT... if that fails... & you're in Canada, I tend to pick up Thinsations Oreo cookies (100cal for one bag that has like, 30 mini-cookies in it) & that tends to cover me. I don't usually eat the entire bag in a sitting, I keep it around.

And I drink A LOT of water that day. A TON. Like... back teeth floating kind of ton.

I'm in the middle of a move, so my willpower is taken up by all the stress of moving right now. I just want comfort *cries*

We have Nabisco 100 Calorie Pack Oreo cookies here in the US... not sure about Thinsations brand though.... good idea...
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Chocolate covered strawberries might be an option.... wonder if I can make that out of melted chocolate chips....

You totally can! I wish I could remember how in detail but I know you can... Either melt the chips in a pan/double boiler or just nuke 'em for a few and dip the strawberries, then stick them in the cold place of your choice, freezer if you need quick gratification. Measure out the chips and eat the whole thing with a smile!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've just been caving to my PMS cravings. I take these cravings to be my body's way of telling me it's time to let go and just enjoy. But then, I do my best to work off the extra calories after....
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I use coke zero, it gives the sweet to satisfy the craving and has 0 calories.....Best of luck I coming up that road here soon too best stock my fridge LOL
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Bahaha. HALP.

I have NEVER had PMS cravings before, but now that I am "active" (exercising) I like.. Well, to put it quite simply, I die. I will cry over a donut. I will dream about ice cream. I will drool in my cubicle, thinking about doritos and Dr. Pepper and.

Well.

I won't continue.

I end up just sobbing and stuffing fifteen Luna bars in my mouth, hoping to shut my brain up.

It's so painful. Luckily it only lasts two to three days, and I'm over it. At least I have a lot of red flags letting me know when I am about to start. lmao, fml, etc.
  • AzhureSnow
    Options

You totally can! I wish I could remember how in detail but I know you can... Either melt the chips in a pan/double boiler or just nuke 'em for a few and dip the strawberries, then stick them in the cold place of your choice, freezer if you need quick gratification. Measure out the chips and eat the whole thing with a smile!

I just did exactly that! 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk, melted together in the double boiler. they're in the freezer now. Made about 30 strawberries for the husband and I to snack on... and I won't eat nearly all of them tonight (I hope!). tomorrow, i'm gonna grab some of those fiberone brownies at the grocery store, though. Much more instant gratification than making strawberries :) And I'm going to try frozen banana "ice cream" with a bit of chocolate and PB2 powder mixed in, too.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i *think* semi-sweet morsels are lower in calories than milk chocolate. May wanna check that! I put them in a microwave safe bowl (mine is corning wear i believe) and nuke in 10 second increments...stirring in between. It should still look kind of morselly toward the end and by stirring it all becomes chocolate lava goodness. Then dunk your strawberries and place on wax paper. Into the frig and 20 minutes later you have heavenly goodness.
    Don't forget about doing the same thing with pretzel sticks.

Personally, what I do is portion out peanut m&ms: 10 is approximately 100 calories.
  • monuments_n_melodies
    Options
    I'm glad the bottomless pit of the PMS monster happens to some one else. I am so happy I am not only one this happens to. This week has been hard for me. There are some jello chocolate pudding 60 calories. Its my drug of choice at the moment.
  • om3guz
    om3guz Posts: 48
    Options

Do we burn calories differently during TOM?

I usually give into my cravings, portioned out. My new favorite are Godiva truffle bars. A whole bar is 220 cals/55 cal per square.
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Low fat chocolate pudding. Or you can just splurge ONCE. It's actually okay to do that from time to time. And if you give in to your temptation, you'll get it out of your system (as long as you think you have the control to only do it once!)
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I find that if I indulge one time, that pretty much solves my craving. I usually have a smore...and it's not held me back at all. I eat it on the day I'm counting as a "free day" and don't go crazy the rest of the day. The low-fat, low-chocolate stuff just enhances my craving for the real thing.

Good luck.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

LMAO............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

I make myself a hot chocolate - 1tsp sugar, 1tsp baking cocoa, mostly water (not as gross as it sounds) and a bit of milk. it comes to 50 or so cals, is warm and indulgent in a different way, and lasts longer than 1 piece of lindt dark chocolate for the same amount of cals.

On bad craving days when i was giving up chocolate, i'd give myself an allowance of AS MANY HOT CHOCOLATES AS I LIKED. I'd hit, like, 3 at most... which is still really easy to fit within my calorie limit.
  • kerriecragg08
    Options
    YES you can make them with chocolate chips!!! I usually make a "double boiler" I take a medium sized pan and a small one, fill the medium with water,boil it, then put the small one in the medium pan, put the chocolate in the small pan, the boiling water heats up and melts the chocolate to the perfect degree, no mess, no burning it... a quick way is just microwaving it, but you then risk burning the chocolate an the cleanup i feel is a bit harder.

BAM dip you strawberrie, set it on wax paper to dry, or any glass plate, and you haave delicious (35 calories each) strawberries. and if im not mistaken, i think maybe dark chocolate is less calories.. im NOT sure though, either way 35 calories isnt really that bad if youre having craving.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You are very correct about having to really watch the chocolate morsels when microwaving so you don't burn them.
    .. a quick way is just microwaving it, but you then risk burning the chocolate an the cleanup i feel is a bit harder.