((PICS)) 8 Lbs left!

Options
Never posted pics before, but here goes. I'm still "in progress" with about 8 lbs left to go. My highest weight was in the 170s (not counting the 200+ I weighed when I was pregnant with my first child)... and I stand tall at 5'1". I have been digging through a lot of old photos in my heavier days and there's a huge difference. Even my wedding day, I was heavy. Most brides are their skinniest on their wedding day. Not me. I had let myself go even before getting married. On the left, wedding day in 2001. I have no idea how much I weigh, but I'm guessing around 175 to 180. On the right, about a month ago at the gym around 143.
wedding_edited.jpg

And then last night, I found my high school senior photos. On the left, 1995 - my senior year at 17 years old. On the right, last weekend at 34 years old and a full-time working mom of two. I *think* I'm starting to look better than I did in high school! 8 pounds to go before my 35th birthday in 8 weeks... working for that 129 lbs goal!
[img]http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Jenslapierre30/Me/Weight loss/Edited.jpg[/img]

What I do:
1. Work out .. RELIGIOUSLY. Six days a week. Heavy lifting with a trainer; cardio. cardio. cardio!
2. Eat clean .. 90% of the time.
3. Make a commitment. Something "switched" in my head after being overweight for the last 15 years... it was time to get off my *kitten* and REALLY and truly do it this time.
4. One "splurge" meal a week and that meal *has* to be on a day when I work out. ONE meal... not the whole day; not the rest day. And I don't call it cheating because that word has such a negative connotation. I'm not cheating on myself because this is a lifestyle now.

Feel free to friend request me! I'm always looking for new motivation. :)

Replies

• Gumbie7
    Gumbie7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats on have far you have come and for keeping your motivation up:)
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Way to go Jen! What a transformation! You are looking fitter and younger than your highschool photo in my opinion! Keep up the fantastic work! :flowerforyou:

FR sent!
  • betterme1291
    Options
    wow you're beautiful. Congrats on the weight loss. I cant wait until i get to your before weight :-)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic and should be very proud!
  • JenSkinLaPierre
    JenSkinLaPierre Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you! And you can totally get there! Remember I'm very short -- 5'1" so a little extra weight looks like a lot on me. Just stick with it. There will be rough days ... We all have them. But just wake up the next day and try again! Each day is a new opportunity. :)

wow you're beautiful. Congrats on the weight loss. I cant wait until i get to your before weight :-)
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look amazing.
    And I like what you said about "splurge" meal. Very good point about not doing it on a 'rest day'.
    I sent you a FR too.
  • bettyboo1982uk
    bettyboo1982uk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, well done you :) I too have a treat night each week, I think it's good to have a little of what you fancy.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am also one of the "look better than high school" crowd. It rocks right!!

I also do pretty much exactly what you do, and I've maintained (or gotten more in shape) for 7+ years. So, consistency works!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Congratulations.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!
  • JenSkinLaPierre
    JenSkinLaPierre Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am also one of the "look better than high school" crowd. It rocks right!!

I also do pretty much exactly what you do, and I've maintained (or gotten more in shape) for 7+ years. So, consistency works!

Wow!! Seven years!? That's amazing. That will be me, I promise that!! Congrats to you, too! Maintenance is going to be tricky, but I'm excited about reaching my goal!! :)
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    You rock! Looking great and doing everything right. Feels great living "right", doesn't it?! :smile:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!!
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    you look amazing & younger than you did in high school, thanks for sharing your amazing success ;)
    ps have sent you a friend request, hope that's ok
  • aneexer
    aneexer Posts: 29
    Options
    WOW!!! You look terrific! You give me such inspiration to keep going :)
    Thanks so much for sharing your pics and tips :))
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great Job! And I like the Run Louisiana shirt! Claim Your Journey is one of my favorite blogs!
  • EyeFit15
    EyeFit15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic....I'm only 5 feet tall and your right on shorter people 163 looks really heavy and my goal weight is 130....right now I've lost 14 pounds down to 159.....keep up the good work you look great!!!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! and your eyes are so bright now :)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Impressive transformation! i have no doubt you'll reach your goal in no time. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!