Disgusted

Options
Lately I've really been struggling with my food/body image, in the sense that the first 8ish weeks saw a substantial weight-loss, but now (at the half-way mark) it has slowed down and I'm beginning to feel 'comfortable' with ocassionally having sugars. I just wondered if anyone else can relate to this personal let-down, or have some guidance for a 19 year old girl who still isn't satisfied with herself?

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Lately I've really been struggling with my food/body image, in the sense that the first 8ish weeks saw a substantial weight-loss, but now (at the half-way mark) it has slowed down and I'm beginning to feel 'comfortable' with ocassionally having sugars. I just wondered if anyone else can relate to this personal let-down, or have some guidance for a 19 year old girl who still isn't satisfied with herself?
    What is wrong with having "sugars"?
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself a little treat every now and then isn't bad as long as its with in reason. Your weight drops off quickly at first then will slow down, mainly because you lose a lot of water weight at first, usually about 5lbs worth. Just keep at it and you'll get where you want to be.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with having "sugars"?

I can understand that the initial novelty of "being on a diet" wears off... but if "having sugars occasionally" is your biggest problem - then you are doing very well!

Stop and think about the changes you've made to get this far - I'm betting you've made lots of small changes that add up to BIG changes when you put them all together. Now you have to put those things into a package that you can continue for ever. This isn't about "being on a diet", "never eating sugar" - it's about healthy habits that will keep you healthy until you are 99 - or more!