Gorgeous Girl!!

Options
JennMarieFitz
JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
Alright, I'm super jealous. I saw this girl at the grocery store in her gym clothes. She looked about 6 ft tall with lovely long legs and just an awesome frame. She wasn't stick thin, she probably has about 20-30 extra pounds. But she looked AMAZING. I saw her later at the pool, in a bikini. Still freaking amazing

.So here I am, in all my five-foot glory with 20(ish) extra pounds to lose, looking all yucky and frumpy!! Am I the only short girl that super hates her short-ness sometimes!?!?

- Oh, and by the way, I'm not a creeper! We live on the same small Air Force base.

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    The only thing I hate about being short is the small amount of calories it affords me. That and not being able to reach things.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Theres alot of small girl who're breathtaking. Many of them are on my friends list if you wanna take a peek. The problem is that those 20 lbs on a 6 ft vs. a 4 ft 9 inches shoes alot different.

Also keep in mind that the closer you get to your goal weight, the more different that little amount of extra weight shows the difference. Like on somebody who's 100 lbs overweight, 20 lbs won't look like much, if at all. But on a 10 lbs heavier person, 2 lbs actually shows!

Don't feel bad or jealous. Use that as a motivation to workout. No reason to ever blame your height. Shorter girls can be sexy (and in some cases, preferred :)
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The only thing I hate about being short is the small amount of calories it affords me. That and not being able to reach things.

I don't mind not being able to reach things. My local supermarket is pretty close to a Military base, and there's nearly always some nice gentleman in uniform to help me :D
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I get that all the time, theres a girl that goes to my gym who is tall, blonde and very pretty.. She doesn't seem to sweat in her workout and always wears shorts and makes me mega jealous of her legs.. Whereas I'm tiny next to her.. sweating like crazy, hair goes all messy and I look a mess in about 5 minutes.

When she's on the treadmill she looks like a stunner from baywatch, I look like a chubber chasing after a bus

Flawless people bug me sometimes.
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! My best friend is 5'11 and goes to the gym with me alot and I feel like an oompa loompa no matter how much I lose when I'm next to her. Like I wil never be long, lean, and elegant, but short, athletic, and "cute" I loathe that word! Never beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, but......CUTE!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I love tall girls, I love mid-height and I love short girls :bigsmile: .

As a guy I honestly don't care how tall you are, just embrace it.

Afterall some of the most desirable bodies/body parts happen to sit on very short women (think Kylie Minogue's *kitten* as an example - a reference which may be lost on some US folks, but it is often judged to be one of the best going around, and shes only 5' tall and change...)

We just love you all...
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Inorite :sad: ? The shortness, the squatty legs. Gah, I always wanted long legs, but that'll never happen at the 5'2 I'm at. I'm a midget compared to the very tall, blond girls at my school, I'm also somewhat of a minority since my school is also 40% Caucasian. Ah well, at least my height is average for my ethnicity at least :indifferent: .
  • Ohmydaze
    Options
    Yes!!! My best friend is 5'11 and goes to the gym with me alot and I feel like an oompa loompa no matter how much I lose when I'm next to her. Like I wil never be long, lean, and elegant, but short, athletic, and "cute" I loathe that word! Never beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, but......CUTE!

CUTE! Yes! God I hate that word. Always, always, frigging CUTE. :grumble:
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Options

CUTE! Yes! God I hate that word. Always, always, frigging CUTE. :grumble:

Agreed!! Gah!! What I wouldn't give for some long sexy legs... mine are short, muscular and "cute".

- Oh, and I'm really not always negative about my height. A lot of short girls look awesome, I'm not saying anything bad about us =) Just annoyed sometimes!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i love being short.
    i'm fun sized.
  • Ohmydaze
    Options
    i love being short.
    i'm fun sized.

I like being short, I like when I'm described as tiny, I like that I feel small and delicate next to guys. I LOVE that I can wear 5in heels and still be shorter than my date.

But "Cute" just irks me.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Don't measure yourself against somebody else, particularly an impossible standard like height which you can do nothing about. I say this but like most people I am also guilty of doing the same, most people do.

You may not be tall but you are stunning, very, very pretty indeed. If you are not happy with your body then change it (you have the power) but I agree with one of the other posters which was that he liked tall women and short women. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for every person who would see that girl and go woah, I can guarantee there is another one (often the same one) who would look at you and go woah in equal measure.

How many women idolise the pint-sized man that is Tom Cruise?
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    But, for the most part I enjoy being short. There's loads of advantages!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Don't measure yourself against somebody else, particularly an impossible standard like height which you can do nothing about. I say this but like most people I am also guilty of doing the same, most people do.

You may not be tall but you are stunning, very, very pretty indeed. If you are not happy with your body then change it (you have the power) but I agree with one of the other posters which was that he liked tall women and short women. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for every person who would see that girl and go woah, I can guarantee there is another one (often the same one) who would look at you and go woah in equal measure.

How many women idolise the pint-sized man that is Tom Cruise?

^^this

beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. someone is saying "wow, she's stunning." when you walk by even if you don't know it.
    funny story about "beauty". my daughter isabelle and my nephew ian were born a month apart (yes my sister and i were pregnant together, unplanned of course LOL). my niece maddy (my nephew's older sister) was about 6. she told my sister "mommy, isabelle is so much cuter than ian is. i wish my baby brother was cute." ian was a GORGEOUS baby! why did maddy not find him cute? because ian is a blonde... LOL how he came out blonde, i have NO clue. maddy's idea of "beautiful" was an olive complexion and dark hair since a majority of our family is exactly that (my mom is vietnamese). still have no idea how that child came out with blonde hair... haha he's absolutely gorgeous though!

and no i'm not short. i'm 5'6", but yes when i see my tall 5'10" sister who is breathtakingly beautiful and has an awesome body (that has birthed 3 children mind you) i feel awkward. what's funny is, she calls me and asks me for advice on how to lose weight and tone up because she's also not happy with the way her body looks and comes to me because she knows my struggle personally and knows how hard i've worked to get where i am.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    at 5'4" my slightly taller best pal always ribs me about my height but I saw a pic on FB recently that said:

Short People......

God only lets things grow until they are perfect - some of us didnt take as long as others

think that sums it up perfectly!

I dont mind my height although 6' and long legs would be nice, I like wearing heels too much, although being able to have a longer stride would help my running pace I'm sure :laugh:
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options

THIS!!!

I'm 154cm (5ft) and usually I love being short... Except when it comes to that extra bite of chocolate or when I need to reach something.

And I *hate* being called "cute". Ugh.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm 5'2....slightest bit of extra weight makes us shorties look sloppy. :(
  • hope2005r
    hope2005r Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know your pain! If I only had a few more inches to stretch out my chub I wouldn't look so "stocky"! We have to accept our pettitness and be happy :)
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 2 as well...but I'd be happy to be called 'cute'. It's better than 'fugly' (yes, I've been called this to my face).
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    When she's on the treadmill she looks like a stunner from baywatch, I look like a chubber chasing after a bus

Flawless people bug me sometimes.

I hear ya! I'm not short (5'6") but i look the same on the treadmill - i think it has something to do with how they carry themselves, poise & elegance is something I don't have :frown: