Ok, this is probably lame but....

Nich0le
Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
Have you ever just impressed yourself with what you have just accomplished that you tear up?

I just had the best workout I have had in months on the treadmill, I broke my all time record (may not be impressive to some) of 4.5 miles in an hour and today I did 5.5 miles in 59 minutes and I was cooling down and got so proud that I teared up and then started laughing at what a dork I am...

Thank god I did this at home! :laugh::blushing: :blushing:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Have you ever just impressed yourself with what you have just accomplished that you tear up?

I just had the best workout I have had in months on the treadmill, I broke my all time record (may not be impressive to some) of 4.5 miles in an hour and today I did 5.5 miles in 59 minutes and I was cooling down and got so proud that I teared up and then started laughing at what a dork I am...

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    That is great. :flowerforyou: You should not feel lame. Brag about it!!!! That is fantastic.
    WAY TO GO:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I haven't had this happen to me yet but look forward to it at some point! And yes, I will probably bawl!!!!:sad: I'm a sucker for emotions!!!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • that's not lame,that's awesome... and obviously well deserved!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Oh, you're not a dork at all! You have every right to be proud of yourself. Congratulations to you and keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Not lame at all...

Not a dork.....

A big thumbs up to you!

Great job!!!

:drinker:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Good Job! Next thing you know you'll be training for a 10k or better! You can do it!

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Thanks everyone...wasn't trying to make myself lame, just had a fleeting moment, made me laugh in the long run. I was very excited, and maybe I will do a 10K. My legs are not happy with me already so tomorrow maybe less but now I know I can do it and on to the next goal!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I had a breakdown in spin class when I looked in the mirror and realized I was looking at me. . .

and then it hit me. All in a huge wave, how much I have accomplished. Luckily, I was sweating so much, no one but the instructor realized!

Joy is good!:flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Not lame at all! I had a workout breakthrough a couple weeks ago where I was able to do this cross country program on the eliptical that I always see the fit women doing. I was on such an emotional high all day!

Great job. :drinker:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    From one dork to another, good for you! :flowerforyou:

(nothing wrong with being a dork :tongue: )
  • Nich0le
    From one dork to another, good for you! :flowerforyou:

(nothing wrong with being a dork :tongue: )

Thanks, and thanks to everyone for their support, I have to say, today my thighs are ticked off at me and the stairs in my house are not my friends but I still feel great! :laugh:

ouch ouch ouch, thats what I say going up and down the stairs!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    No, you're not a dork at all!
    Good for you!

I totally broke down at mile 12.5 of my first marathon because I was suddenly struck by what I was doing, what we were all doing, and the fact that I knew (barring an unforseen collision with a bus or large animal) that I was going to finish.
    I quickly realized that you can't run and cry at the same time so I stopped.
    I also broke down at the beginning of the NY marathon (37,000 runners with 17,000 if them from outside the US - talk about an amazing experience of humanity!) because I noticed that there were these people who were part of "Team Achilles" who were guiding disabled runners - I'm talking about people with missing/artificial limbs and runners who were completely blind. If THAT doesn't make you at least tear up a little then there's something wrong! But I just bawled.
    Around mile 23 a man with a double below-the-knee amputation ran PAST me. It was amazing. He was just zooming. Wow.

It's all good!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Have you ever just impressed yourself with what you have just accomplished that you tear up?

that is great! how many calories did that burn?
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Thats awesome!
    I completely understand....I love that feeling.
    Keep it up!!
  • Nich0le
    that is great! how many calories did that burn?

Well, my treadmill said 1036 calories but the site said something like 700, and I know machines aren't always accurate but this site doesn't account for interval training or resistance just a basic calculation so I went in the middle to be safe and counted it as 850, even though I trust the treadmill number because it is usually right on with the site.

I did a total of 72 minutes if you count warm up and cool down for that calorie count too.
This discussion has been closed.