Anytime now...

incircles_lp2
incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So i made my profile public for once because I am sick of what my food addiction is doing to my mind! I feel like I eat healthy (minus my sweet tooth), yet I am at a stand still. I work out 4 to 5 times a week. I do Circuit Training (Chalean) at least 3 times a week and I have been doing this since June. Nothing lost in inches or weight. I am starting to really hate my willpower. I don't know what's wrong with me. I seem to go over calories on a regular basis, but i am a very active person. I feel so damn hungry way too often all day long.

I guess I just need some reassurance right now. What am I eating/doing wrong (besides my sweet problem) that would make me stay this same weight???! I was the same weight now as I was for an entire year with no activity whatsoever in my life.

Replies

• so you already know you go over your calories. its just simple to say don't do that.
    eat less.
    but i noticed that you have virtually no vegetables on your diary. add some. carrots are very filling and so is brocolli. i like cabbage for salads, red and green peppers, snap peas.
    try lean meats (instead of ground beef and pepperoni) chicken and fish or lean turkey.
    if you really want ground beef try a vegetarian option (veggie ground round) and look for ones made with mushrooms rather than soy (a bit more veggies for you.)

you have a little fruit but try adding more. apples are great.

the main glaring thing is tons of sugar and processed foods.
    no getting around it you have to cut some of that out.
    I try and give myself a dessert after lunch, which is usually a frozen yogurt.
    I drink chai tea with a bit of milk and that is a treat in itself.
    I love ricotta with splenda, a little cinnamon, vanilla extract, and some fruit or almonds.
    look at the kashi products-granola bars. whole grains, less sugar.
    and then there are lots of little 100 calorie snacks in the granola bar isle.

when it comes right down to it you have to make the decision every day if you want to lose weight and be healthy or not.
    so although you may sometimes slip, treat every decision as a new one and make more positive decisions than negative ones.

I hope this helps, I like to think i can count as an on my way to success story as I have lost 50 pounds in the last 5 months.
  • oh and as far as working out goes
    you should change your workout about every 30 days to avoid your muscles getting used to an exercise.
    and working out should always be hard, so when something is easy or very doable you have to kick it up a notch to make that difference. otherwise all you are doing is maintaining.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    You are eating a LOT of sugar and refined carbs. That's why you're hungry all the time. The sugar and refined carbs essentially put your body into a type of addiction. The sugar and refined carbs spike your blood sugar but then the energy levels drop drastically and fast and your body sends signals for more sugar and refined carbs.....

You're eating all your calories ( and some over) but you're probably not getting a good nutritional balance so your body still thinks you're hungry.

I'd start there. Also read through this post for SHBOSS

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64830-all-calories-are-not-the-same

Then take a look at rather or not you are honestly recording everything you eat and examine how intensly you are really exercising. A common mistake (and believe me, I have to reeducate myself every few months) is portion creep or just sheer forgetfulness. I think I'm eating 1300 calories but in reality it's more like 1600 or 1700 calories.

Another common mistake is to overestimate how many calories you are burning off in your exercise. Most gym machines over estimate by anywhere from 10% to 30% and even the internet calculations are estimates.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    You also have HUGE amounts of FATS in your diet, thus far. Drop some of that and you will make a lot of headway. Note: GOOD fats, like nuts and avocados, and certain kinds of fish, are GOOD for you so don't lose those, just watch how much. Good luck.
  • chickalistic
    chickalistic Posts: 14 Member
    Are you drinking water at all? I don't notice you logging any, but have noticed that many don't. I really didn't think it was that big of a deal until I started NOT getting enough water in me. My weight just stopped going down.

The one thing I notice (besides sweets, which you're already aware of) is the amount of salty foods. Chips, crackers, sunflower seeds, etc... in my opinion, load you up on salt and make you retain water. I have had to give up my seed addiction completely, because I just have no control when I get started.

Like you, I also LOVE brownies (guessing by the frequency of them in your diet)... one of the best things I did was to throw out all of the brownie mix. We have CiCi's pizza once a week and usually get brownies as our dessert. Since it is carryout, we have a whole box of them. I tell my kids "you have until tomorrow morning to eat or hide them if you want them." The next morning, the box goes straight to the dumpster regardless of how full the box is. It breaks my heart, but it MUST be done. :)

Good luck. You can do this, you just have to find the balance.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I am a stubborn individual and it is hard to accept that I am eating the "wrong" things. I feel like I eat ALOT of veggies and nuts/grains for protein. Apparently I am not doing a good enough job. I try to make up for not eating meat. I am not a huge meat eater.

I just wish I had better self confidence. If I could just have something to work from I would be a lot more positive. When I work out, I feel so EXHAUSTED. You'd think something would have to give....apparently my body hates me.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    I would stop monitoring your tr fat change that to sodium, you might be suprised on how much sodium you are taking in.

Also, if you can schedule it, I think you would benefit more by having 5-6 smaller meals instead of 4.

I saw some meals that you had 800-1,000 calories.

Spread it out.

edit: Sorry I looked again and saw you have breakfast, lunch , dinner and i'm going to assume snacks that you had all day and not 800-1,000 calories in evening snacks.

In settings, you can make the changes, to add "snack" between your breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    I would stop monitoring your tr fat change that to sodium, you might be suprised on how much sodium you are taking in.

Also, if you can schedule it, I think you would benefit more by having 5-6 smaller meals instead of 4.

I saw some meals that you had 800-1,000 calories.

Spread it out.

edit: Sorry I looked again and saw you have breakfast, lunch , dinner and i'm going to assume snacks that you had all day and not 800-1,000 calories in evening snacks.

In settings, you can make the changes, to add "snack" between your breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner.

Ditto I totally agree:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.