went waaayyy over calories!!!

Options
Ahhh yesterday was horrid!!! I have been doing so well on myfitnesspal, eating my calories including my exercise cals, losing weight and feeling awesome!! Yesterday however i don't know what happened i just kept eating and eating!! Even though i was full... now today i feel awful!! Will this ruin my loss for the entire week???? Is there ANYTHING (healthy) i can do to not have this effect my week?? Please help:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yesterday was horrid!!! I have been doing so well on myfitnesspal, eating my calories including my exercise cals, losing weight and feeling awesome!! Yesterday however i don't know what happened i just kept eating and eating!! Even though i was full... now today i feel awful!! Will this ruin my loss for the entire week???? Is there ANYTHING (healthy) i can do to not have this effect my week?? Please help:flowerforyou:
    If your going to eat try and pick healthy foods ... like lean meat , reduced fat cheese, low fat or non fat yogurt reduced fat peanut better .... lots of fruits and veggies
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Get back on track. Let yesterday be the exception - I've read here some time ago that one day of going over the calories just tricks your body into thinking that it gets enough fuel again. So next day, it burns more, but you'll just give it less, the way you did until yesterday.

Not to say this is something you should plan ahead (cheat days, that is). Just now that it happened, you can think of it this way.

If there is some change on the scale, that could be just water weight. Or better, don't even get on the scale for a couple of days.

Get back to work - yesterday is history, today is the only day you can control. :flowerforyou: Good luck! You CAN do it!
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options

I don't mean to sound blunt, but get over it, and move on. You will be fine! 1 bad day will not sabatoge your entire week. :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    The worst thing you can do is try to make up the difference by eating less for a week. So get back on track, make sure you're eating the right amount of nutrients, and you may find that it doesn't affect your weight at all. Make sure to drink your water, too. I've had this happen several times and ended up losing more weight, because like the PP said, sometimes it tricks your body. That's not to say do it regularly!:tongue:
  • mkwood10
    Options
    My advice: write off yesterday as "one of those bad days" and proceed back to your normal routine. Sometimes you just can't help it and have to eat! I look it as my body is craving something unhealthy.:laugh: You may not make your goal for the week, but one day of going way over on caloreis is not a huge setback, as long as it doesn't continue for multiple days/weeks!!

Good luck!!!:heart::heart:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole medium pizza by myself one day last week, and 2 days later, I had lost 2 lbs....so.....that whole zig zag of calories thing works...i don't plan to eat whole pizzas regularly BUT if I do, Im not gonna freak like I did last week, it WILL be ok!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to sound blunt, but get over it, and move on. You will be fine! 1 bad day will not sabatoge your entire week. :flowerforyou:

I agree. We all have our bad days. For some it's food, some it's sugar, for me it's those beers the odd weekend.
    Forget about it, and rest of the week go back to watching calories, drink lots of water.

If you really feel bad, then go do an extra workout.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Had Texas Roadhouse yesterday.... felt horrible this morning. Remember the feeling pick yourself up by the running shoes and be better today! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole medium pizza by myself one day last week, and 2 days later, I had lost 2 lbs....so.....that whole zig zag of calories thing works...i don't plan to eat whole pizzas regularly BUT if I do, Im not gonna freak like I did last week, it WILL be ok!

I'm gonna hope that happens to me, since I'm planning on having a seafood platter tomorrow night for supper! :love: Sure would be great to lose instead of gain afterwards! :laugh:
  • Kalubsmommy
    Options

I don't know if this helps you,and I haven't really seen big progress as I have just started this, but I give myself one free day a week. I don't count calories. I don't get on MFP. I just have MY day.
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't let a slip become a fall. These are my words I say to myself after I make bad choices. That I way I do not throw in the towel Hang in there!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options

I started zig zagging this week. I'm hoping it works as well for me as it has for you!!

Carajo, if you feel like you have to do anything, just shave off a few calories from a few other days. That's the basic idea behind zig zagging (or calorie cycling). Some days you eat more than others, but at the end of the week it all averages out to the same as what you would have eaten normally. It is supposed to be helpful to keep plateaus at bay since your body never gets used to having the same amount of calories everyday.
  • Narkeena
    Options
    :flowerforyou: oh.. don't feel bad.. what's done is done.. We can't bring it back, so don't knock yourself up about it... :smile: Just try to make the rigtht choices as what we are all trying to do... Keep it up! smile!!!! you can do it! we all can!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Had Texas Roadhouse yesterday.... felt horrible this morning. Remember the feeling pick yourself up by the running shoes and be better today! :flowerforyou:
    Oh man i LOVE those sweet potatoes!! Thanks for the advice!