My hair sucks, and I'm depressed.

Options
13»

Replies

• artica30
    artica30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo helps me too. It does not feel clean but it looks awesome.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    This is My Fitness Pal. We don't do hair.

Unless you shave it off. If it's really long, that's like 2 pounds. I'd log that.

(Hopefully, this made you smile and helps with you being depressed)
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Sounds frustrating...have you asked for help either at the dermatologist or hair salon?
  • artica30
    artica30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Walmart has it for 5.00
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of natural stuff with my hair and skin care I have fine, curly/wavy, dry hair. Here's a link to some idea's that might be useful http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-oily-hair1.htm
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have thin hair from years of (properly used) medication use/my mom has alopecia, and I'm pretty sure I'm in line for it--although it is super curly. I feel your pain. And THAT'S why I take good care in doing my makeup :)
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have fine but thick hair & I used to get this ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time - it was crazy.

The thing that helped me out the most is a product called "T-Gel" from Neutrogena. It's a type of shampoo (made with tar acutally lol, but don't judge it b/c of that - it works!) for people who have dandruff or oily hair problems.

I used it every time I showered when I first got it & once it worked well for a while, I started using it like every other day and just less and less as time went on. I to this day don't have problems with my hair unless I go more than a day without showering.

Maybe you could try it!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Also, be wary of colored dry shampoo. It can stain clothes, skin, etc. I have Bumble and Bumble, and I hate it. Try baby powder...seriously! I have dark hair, and it blends right in after awhile!
  • thenicksters
    thenicksters Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started just putting mouse in my hair and scrunching it because I was tired of having a greasy scalp area.
    My hairdresser recommended the dry shampoo but I haven't tried it yet.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I also say go with the dry shampoos, if you hold the can kind of away from your hair and brush it in when you're done or rub it it won't make you look gray or like you have powder in your hair. And it smells good! I've used suave and it works good, I have black hair (In the process of going blonde though :) )

Also there is a product at Sally's beauty supply (not sure where you live) that is like Wen, or you can get sulfate, silicone, paraban free shampoos. I wouldn't use conditioner on my scalp, just on the ends up to the scalp.

It does sound frustrating and having hair that you feel looks good can really make a difference in the way you feel about other things. But do your best and don't let it get you down. :flowerforyou:
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    hehe thanks guys for caring about my hair.

It's always been an issue, but I've just kind of ignored it, and stayed indoors, a lot. ..... Todays incident really REALLY made me take notice.

I live in Aus. It's the middle of winter and COLD and I still have this oil slick. I wanna have long wavy blonde hair, but maybe I can't.

I will ask at the salon and try some of these different treatments you've all suggested.

Now who can help me with my skin care/make up and fashion.... (I am a hopeless case, seriously)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I have very thin hair and CANNOT shower the day before than wake up and go the next day or it looks disgusting.
    I would recommend showering the day of.
    Than there are some various shampoos and such that should help with your skin on your scalp.

=]
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Make sure you use the right products for your hair and scalp. Get a shampoo and conditioner for oily hair but only use the conditioner on the ends of your hair, your scalp doesn't need extra moisturising.
    When washing your hair try not to massage your scalp too much as this stimulates the sebaceous glands, causes more oil production.
    Always wash out your products thoroughly, product build up can make the hair look greasy.
    Baby powder or dry shampoo applied to the roots of your hair will soak up any excess oil throughout the day.

I can also suggest having a purifying shampoo. Put it on your hair before adding water, then rinse. It attracts the oil and products. I usually use this method on clients who use a lot of products in their hair causing oily build up, give it a try it might help with excess oils.
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Dust a little baby powder in your roots, my sister does it and it makes all the difference. Try to stay away from greasy foods as well.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Same sort of thing happened to me yesterday.. I was in the washroom and a coworker came in and I saw that she had wet hair so I said "Oh it's raining out?" and she said "no my hair just sucks". I felt like an *kitten*.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary to know what you're eating, but diet has a big part in how oily your skin and hair are.

http://healwithfood.org/greasyhair/

Also, if you typically rub your conditioner in all over your hair, try to just put the conditioner on the ends of your hair and not on the top.

Changing my conditioning habits and dietary habits worked well for my hair (I used to waste my money trying different shampoos/conditioners, none of which made any difference), I hope these tips help your hair too!