How many calories do you burn during pole dancing?

Options
I am about to start a pole fitness class tonight and would like to know roughly how many calories are burnt in 50 minutes? As pole dancing is not on the MFP database I don't know what exercise I should put for it? Any help...?

Replies

• hendrijm
    hendrijm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It can vary depending on what you do. Pole is cardio, strength training and flexibility training. Some days I do deep stretching for half an hour and maybe some strength conditioning. Other days I work on flow and just dance and I'm not on the pole too much, but dancing through a song is great cardio. Sometimes I am working on that next stunt and I spend a lot of time climbing and inverting. If you have never done it before you will feel the burn! It works out everything more than going to the gym. It is also addicting and a lot more fun than the gym! I have never had more core strength than I do from pole dancing.
  • cfarrugia90
    cfarrugia90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I went again last night and it was so much fun. My arms are really aching today! Just tricky to know exactly how many calories I'll burn so might invest in a HRM.