Starbucks Unsweetened Iced Coffee 16oz = 5 calories

Options
alienrite
alienrite Posts: 314 Member
I wanted to share an update from Starbucks which confirmed that their unsweetened, iced coffee has only 5 calories. I have been perplexed and concerned why all the information I could find showed their iced coffee contained 90 calories. In addition to the extra calories, it frightened me of what they were doing to their coffee and seemed out of characture for their corporate culture. Apparently, they show the calories assuming you get the sweetened version where they squirt their syrup (corn syrup?). In the NYC area, it is very uncommon to get asked for sweetened or unsweetened and the default is unsweetened which lead to my confusion. Hope this information helps.

STARBUCK RESPONSE "Thank you for contacting Starbucks. I am pleased to inform you that the Iced coffee nutritional value is the same as the Bold coffee if you choose to order it unsweetened. I will be sharing your feedback about our website with the IT team for further review later. Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Sincerely, Anthony R. - customer service"

MY QUESTION "All the calorie information I can find for the Starbucks Ice Coffee shows 90 calories for a 16 oz. serving. I understand that there is sweetened and unsweetened versions of Ice Coffee but I am only speaking about the unsweetened version. Your brewed coffee is 5 calories for a 16 oz. serving. Even accounting for "bolder" brewing of the ice-coffee to maintain the taste when added to ice, it seems odd that the Ice Coffee is anything more than 10 calories. Can you please explain where the extra 80 calories come from in the unsweetened version? Thank you."

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz) Calories 5 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 10mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein <1g
Vitamin A0%Vitamin C0%Calcium0%Iron0%
Caffeine 330mg

Replies

• crayztrayz
    crayztrayz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's still wrong on the website. I appreciate this post, though! Man. I was frustrated all day! I called them and they were totally clueless!!!!
  • tlkeating
    tlkeating Posts: 1
    Options
    I cannot tell you how much I appreicate this post! Thank you!