Any BASEBALL fanatics out there?

Options

Replies

• crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    Born and raised baseball player/fan

Yes...that's right, a girl that played baseball (and was pretty darn good too). How many people can say that they've been beamed by a 104mph fastball by a guy that ended up going pro...and yes, we're ignoring the fact that he ended up trashing his elbow and never making it big...but that's irrelevant.

And, I'm a :heart: BREWERS FAN:heart: ! I don't care how rough it's been this year, there's nowhere I'd rather be during the summer than at the ballpark, Summer Shandy in hand, watching my crew play ball
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't like baseball??? Is the better question! Baseball is the American sport. But you have to be a National league fan if you truly like baseball, the American league pitchers need to grow a set! Just saying. Reds fan for life! Watch every game possible. I can watch any game any level any time!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Have been a baseball fan for 25 years. Coach it every year with my boys, play when I can, watch it 162 + playoff games, travel to as many stadiums as possible. We also have the AA Springfield Cardinals here in MO and even though I am not a Cardinals fan, still love watching Minor League ball.

Baseball was something that my Grandmother and I shared. She took me to many ST games in AZ when I came and visited her. It's about the memories, the smells, that feeling when you walk into the stadiuma and it just "opens up".

So yeah, I am a fan.....
  • crobl
    Options
    Who doesn't like baseball??? Is the better question! Baseball is the American sport. But you have to be a National league fan if you truly like baseball, the American league pitchers need to grow a set! Just saying. Reds fan for life! Watch every game possible. I can watch any game any level any time!

Reds fan? ugh...thanks for the butting kicking I sat through on Monday... NOT!! lol
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    "Thu 06/28/12 07:23 AM
    Astros fan! Forever in re-build mode. :D That will hold even more true once we move to the AL West."

Mariners fan here, so I understand your pain! Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. Oy!

Yeah, it was painful when we made it to the WS in 2005 just to roll over for the White Sox.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    This is awesome.... like the game. I've eat, drank, and slept baseball for decades. Good to see so many fans passionate about baseball.

BTW, in my OP I didn't mean to imply that if you cared about a particular team you didn't love the game. Obviously that isn't the case. Cheer for your teams!!! (But a great double play with 1 out and a man on 3rd is still a great double-play no matter what the uniform....get my meaning?)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm a twins fan, does that count as baseball?

GO TWINS! Our guys will get it eventually.

(I love me some Ben Revere. Mm.)
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I sitll love baseball, although I have come to like it less over the last 15-20 years with all the scandals. However, I think it is still the hardest pro sport to play (mainly due to the hitting aspect) and I love the NL as it is more of a chess match. I am a long suffering Cubs fan and can only hope and pray Theo can do the same for my Cubs that he did for Bastan.
  • crobl
    Options
    This is awesome.... like the game. I've eat, drank, and slept baseball for decades. Good to see so many fans passionate about baseball.

BTW, in my OP I didn't mean to imply that if you cared about a particular team you didn't love the game. Obviously that isn't the case. Cheer for your teams!!! (But a great double play with 1 out and a man on 3rd is still a great double-play no matter what the uniform....get my meaning?)

You're right man... I enjoyed being in the stands for Verlander's no-hitter a few years ago, even though it was against my Brewers... I was more pissed that Tigers fans were leaving (clearly having no clue what was going on) then the actual loss
  • Frag_Bunny
    Frag_Bunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Right here! LOVE baseball. I live in Toronto so I go to see the Jays but I've been to both stadiums in new york, the old and new stadium in detroit, both stadiums in chicago, the old one in montreal before they moved to washington, which now i've seen the national's park. seattle, philly, florida, baltimore, boston....ya...i road trip alot. also made it out for alomar's hall of fame induction. Feel free to add me people!
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Huge baseball fan (Yankees). But I can watch little league or even play in an all day round robin tournament and have a blast! When we lived in Dallas we would go the Rangers games and I would be the 1st car in the parking lot. We would sit through batting practice and talk to players. And stay until the fireworks were done. On my bucket list is going to a Yankees game at home. I drove to Detroit a few weeks ago to catch 2 Yankees games. Needless to say my Jeter jersey almost got drenched with beer after we won the Sunday afternoon game!!!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I bleed Cubbie Blue!

God hates the Cubs tho..

Yeah, pretty much everyone does that doesn't have connections to Chicago hates the Cubs too.

My brother is a HUGE cubs fan, and he lives in North Dakota...he's all about Chicago teams though for some reason...hate MN teams.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I bleed Cubbie Blue!

God hates the Cubs tho..

Yeah, pretty much everyone does that doesn't have connections to Chicago hates the Cubs too.

My brother is a HUGE cubs fan, and he lives in North Dakota...he's all about Chicago teams though for some reason...hate MN teams.

Strange, I know. I grew up in North Dakota, but only followed the Fighting Sioux hockey team.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Huge baseball fan (Yankees). But I can watch little league or even play in an all day round robin tournament and have a blast! When we lived in Dallas we would go the Rangers games and I would be the 1st car in the parking lot. We would sit through batting practice and talk to players. And stay until the fireworks were done. On my bucket list is going to a Yankees game at home. I drove to Detroit a few weeks ago to catch 2 Yankees games. Needless to say my Jeter jersey almost got drenched with beer after we won the Sunday afternoon game!!!
    ^THIS.
    I think we could be brothers..... except for the Yankees part (lol). There's nothing like the sights, sounds, cheers, and groans of a ballpark bustling with fans.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I am not a fanatic about baseball....I just have a very unhealthy obession with it and the Texas Rangers. lol

GO RANGERS!!!!

Me too.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Yankee fan here. Love baseball. We watch the game each and every night. I have the ESPN app on my phone that texts me every time a run scores. So it keeps me updated when we cannot watch a game. {which is taped anyway}
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    As part of my bucket list, I am going to 4 baseball stadiums next month!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options

Cool story!!
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Love baseball. Huge Atlanta Braves fan and attend quite a few of our local minor league teams games each season (they are the AA affiliate of the Miami Marlins). One of my bucket list items is to take a summer road trip that lets me see a game in every major league stadium.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Baseball at any level is the best, most beautiful and perfect game ever. The Pirates are my fav. I also love going to Altoona and Erie to watch the minor leagues. I have visited 13 MLB parks and 3 minor league parks so far <3