Need HELP...question.

Options
I don't know if this is in the right place to post this, but I really need some advice.

I will do a quick run down and TRY to make this brief. In the past year I have lost 67lbs and this past summer I gained 20lbs back. I've been dieting again and so far lost 11lbs. I eat a lot of fiber and not a lot of things with fat, and I have cut out the sweets.

Here is my problem, for the past two weeks I have terrible back pain. I thought maybe I had strained it or something, my husband thought I just pulled a muscle or something. It's more on the right side of my back than anywhere. Well Monday I was at the hospital while my Mother was having knee surgery and I felt this spasm/cramp type thing in my upper right ab region, like below the curve of ribcage. It honestly feels like when a woman is far along in her pregnancy and the baby moves around. And it seems to cause me to not be able to eat and stay nauseated when I do.

These spasms lasted on and off all day Monday and Monday night they were terrible. I laid in the floor crying and just praying for it to stop. The spasms where stronger and faster. The pain in my back was bad and especially between my shoulder blades. It's like the feeling you get, if you have ever carried a heavy backpack full of books and walked a long distance. I was freezing and felt at times like I couldn't breathe. It finally quit, I was able to go to sleep. The spasms continued maybe every five ten minutes but dull.

Tuesday morning had the same episode and just waited it out. All day Tuesday it continued, just dull. My Mom thought it might be a spastic colon and asked if I was constipated (I have had years and years of problems with constipation). So I took laxative and thought that would provide relief.

Laxative worked this morning, but these spasms have not quit. Now they are beginning to get stronger again. It is the strangest thing I have ever felt, and it worries me that it has been constant, whether dull or strong.

Has anyone had symptoms like this and know what it might be?

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is in the right place to post this, but I really need some advice.

I will do a quick run down and TRY to make this brief. In the past year I have lost 67lbs and this past summer I gained 20lbs back. I've been dieting again and so far lost 11lbs. I eat a lot of fiber and not a lot of things with fat, and I have cut out the sweets.

Here is my problem, for the past two weeks I have terrible back pain. I thought maybe I had strained it or something, my husband thought I just pulled a muscle or something. It's more on the right side of my back than anywhere. Well Monday I was at the hospital while my Mother was having knee surgery and I felt this spasm/cramp type thing in my upper right ab region, like below the curve of ribcage. It honestly feels like when a woman is far along in her pregnancy and the baby moves around. And it seems to cause me to not be able to eat and stay nauseated when I do.

These spasms lasted on and off all day Monday and Monday night they were terrible. I laid in the floor crying and just praying for it to stop. The spasms where stronger and faster. The pain in my back was bad and especially between my shoulder blades. It's like the feeling you get, if you have ever carried a heavy backpack full of books and walked a long distance. I was freezing and felt at times like I couldn't breathe. It finally quit, I was able to go to sleep. The spasms continued maybe every five ten minutes but dull.

Tuesday morning had the same episode and just waited it out. All day Tuesday it continued, just dull. My Mom thought it might be a spastic colon and asked if I was constipated (I have had years and years of problems with constipation). So I took laxative and thought that would provide relief.

Laxative worked this morning, but these spasms have not quit. Now they are beginning to get stronger again. It is the strangest thing I have ever felt, and it worries me that it has been constant, whether dull or strong.

Has anyone had symptoms like this and know what it might be?
    To me it sounds like a kidney infection ..... but i am not absolutely positive.. i would go to the dr and find out though
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a kidney infection or kidney stones to me also..............

I have had many, many kidney infections and kidney stones 1 time a few years ago and I had similar symptoms that you are having............

Could also be your gall bladder.

Please go to see a doctor.
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You need to see a doctor! I don't think anyone on here is qualified to advise you on this one....it could be something that needs to be seen to asap.

Good luck!
  • Veronica320
    Options
    I agree. You need to see your doctor. STAT. You've been in pain for a considerable amount of time. It's time to stop thinking it might go away and consult your physician. Hope you'll be OK
  • PatB52
    Options
    I'd say see a doctor as soon as you can and if you can't get into or don't have a regular doctor, go to an emergency room. I've withstood pain before, but I think if I were in your situation, I'd be finding myself some medical help asap.