very random- question

Options
2»

Replies

• Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have HORRIBLE skin thanks to a long bout of antibiotics as a child. It is very sensitive, and gets dry very easily. I've discussed in depth with my doctor thus my suggestions are below---

WHEN are you applying the lotion? - The only time you should really apply is after washing your face or showering. And do it within 3-5 minutes while your face is still moist to trap in the moisture. Do not apply throughout the day, because your skin gets "addicted" to the lotion and will feel dry again not long after application....

How hot is the water in your shower/when you wash your face? Just use mildly warm to cool water so the natural oils do not get stripped off.

How high is your AC turned up? If it's on full blast and with fans blowing, etc consider turning it down (Hey, I know it's HOT -105 here today...) because the cool air cand dry out your skin further (think of how dry skin gets in the winter...)

This BIGGEST help for me has been applying olive oil or coconut oil to my skin about 30 minutes before bed time. I leave it on over night. My skin stays smoothe and moisturized!

Hope this helps. I don't drink caffeine, and when I stopped about 8 months ago it did not affect my skin at all.

:)
  • Brankica81
    Options
    I didn't dump that much caffeine, I drink a big cup of coffee every day or two days. Caffeine is good for weight loss so I will ask if you had to for medical reasons or something else?
    It could be that your body is just adjusting?

Caffeine is a common food allergy. Though it does help with weight loss, in some people, it can cause other issues, including weight gain.

Agreed, especially if you use a lot of Half and Half and sugar, but I don't and a lot of supplements have a lot of caffeine, so one coffee won't hurt me, just makes me feel really good when I am craving it ;)
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try adding more good fat to you diet. Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, olives, more nuts.