Hello

Options
I started this whole weight loss thing back at the begginning of the year. I stayed on the wagon until about April..and then I fell off.

Fortunatly I maintained the 20lbs I lost over the winter months.

A family member introduced me MFP. It helped me get back on the wagon. I'm enjoying this so much more because it's kind of like a game. I've learned to trust the calories and try and get as close to my allowed calories for the day as possible.

My short term goal is to get a 2 in front of my wieght for the first time since early college. I hope to get that done before Halloween. Intermediate goal is to climb Long's Peak. That's the mountain on my tracker. Summiting Long's requires 17 hours of strenous hiking in thin air. I have to shed some lbs and increase my fitness level if I want to do that. Long term goal is to lose 100 lbs, and then re-evaluate with my Doc on weather to stay there of try and get lower. I've always been a big guy with a lot of muscle mass. I'm 6'1 and I weighed 260 w/ 11% BF when I graduated HS.

Staying away from sweets isn't my problem. I enjoy working out. However, beer, Mt Dew, chicken wings, and fast food are what kill me. Not that I'm going to swear those things off. I just partake a lot less of them.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I really like this site, too. I haven't been on here very long and I've already lost 5 pounds after a standstill for months! It seems like you have the right attitude, and that's what it takes to succeed. I wish you the best of luck getting to your goals!
  • BHORN
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to the website. I'm new too. I'm really glad to see your goals aren't all about the scales, it's about living. Keeping pounds off thru the winter is a pretty big accomplishment too. WTG. Good luck to you and I hope you reach your goal. Keep kickin' butt!! Benita:happy: