Not seeing too many changes...

Options
I've been keeping my calories at 1200 per day for about 2 months, and introduced a lot more exercise (I bike to work everyday which adds up to about 30 minutes - but I've started doing kickboxing classes 3-4 times per week) but haven't seen weight loss or inches lost. I've seen a small difference in my stamina and endurance, but am feeling like maybe I'm missing something. I wasn't terribly overweight to begin with but was expecting to see more results than I have so far. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Eat more. It sounds counter productive but your body is using all it's fuel to keep you going and is trying to hold on to what you have. Bump it up to 1800 and see how that goes.
  • mslaurza
    mslaurza Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have increased my calories based on the amount of exercise I get in a day - but I wonder if it's not enough... thanks :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    How close to a 'normal' weight are you? The closer you get the tougher it is to lose anything at all. Are you using other metrics to measure your success though? Try tape measure, photos etc. Chances are you're toning up without losing weight.
  • amhnmiller
    Options
    I'm somewhat going through the same situation. I have about 15lbs. I'd like to lose and think my metabolism is pretty good. Only lost 3 pounds, have significantly cut calories due to being aware of my eating by logging in. Excercise religiously 3X a week. I was expecting more of a drop by now. I'm 5'8" and weigh 160. Anyone else out there with similiar height/weight??? I just may be inpatient. Going on 3 weeks since started.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat going through the same situation. I have about 15lbs. I'd like to lose and think my metabolism is pretty good. Only lost 3 pounds, have significantly cut calories due to being aware of my eating by logging in. Excercise religiously 3X a week. I was expecting more of a drop by now. I'm 5'8" and weigh 160. Anyone else out there with similiar height/weight??? I just may be inpatient. Going on 3 weeks since started.

I'd suggest incorporating 30 minutes of cardio 5-6 days/wk, whether you're strength training that day or not. 3X's/wk is the recommended for maintaining weight. If you want to lose, you need to be exercising every day.