Lybrel

Options
Any women using Lybrel and trying to lose weight?

My wife has been using this for 3+ years and i'm having a tough time figuring out what she needs.

Any success stories?

http://contraception.about.com/od/prescriptionoptions/a/Lybrel.htm

Thanx!
Feel free to PM me as well.
I'll be working for the next 12hours.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Patty_Petz
    Patty_Petz Posts: 91
    Options
    I don't but I am now very intriguied....<making dr. appt>
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I don't take it but looked at several online forums that discussed it and weight gain due to the hormones in Lybrel was the main complaint of users. I am wary of meds that stop normal body functions. Deciding periods are "inconvenient" and stopping them may cause problems even more inconvenient!
    Good luck to Mrs Dan in finding a solution to this problem! :flowerforyou:
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Dan,
    I work as the director of a medical coding office. I speak to many different doctors on a daily basis. The OBGYN that we have will not prescribe lybrel to any of his patients. He says that it has caused weight gain in a very high percentage of his past patients and did not regulate the patients as well as other meds he could prescribe. It could very well be contributing to why your wife is having trouble losing any weight. I would suggest moving to something different if she's willing to. Our OBGYN says there are many other drugs out there that don't have the high percentage of weight gain that lybrel does as a side effect.