how often do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    any chance you could be pregnant?just a thought I was always starving when I was!

Lord I hope not!!! But thanks for putting that thought in my head!!!
  • dotti1121
    Options
    I will up my calories to NET 1400 calories, or maybe even go a little higher since I'm exercising now.

Again, who set the 1400 calories?

Sorry, I edited my previous comment when I realized I didn't answer your question...

I got the 1400 calories from MFP, based on my activity level, how much to lose, etc.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Eat what MFP suggests, eat your exercise calories back as much as you can with quality foods. If you're still feeling hungry after that, I'd think something else is going on.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 calories a day and enjoy spreading them out all day.
    I typically eat every 2 hours or so because that's how often I start feeling hungry again. Love it though.. cause I LOVE getting to eat! :)
    I try to average 100-150 calories of food an hour.. so if I eat every 2 hours.. I try to consume 200-250 calories each time. Works out lovely!
  • dotti1121
    Options
    I eat 1500 calories a day and enjoy spreading them out all day.
    I typically eat every 2 hours or so because that's how often I start feeling hungry again. Love it though.. cause I LOVE getting to eat! :)
    I try to average 100-150 calories of food an hour.. so if I eat every 2 hours.. I try to consume 200-250 calories each time. Works out lovely!

I like this!
  • cibilbee
    cibilbee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use to have this problem quite often. I started adding more protien to my breakfast and snacking on foods that are high in water (lots of fruits & veggies or yogurt). I try to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. It helps but the day after a really killer workout I still have this issue. Ii found on those days a whole wheat carb and a protien shake help
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    every 2-3 hours.
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For high protein snacks you could try greek yogurt, string cheese, egg whites, hummus and vegetables, and things like roasted chickpeas or tofu. Maybe have some scrambled egg whites with your breakfast? It's a good way to add extra protein for little calories.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I know for me I have to eat every 2-3 hours and I always have to include protein!! My meals and snacks tend to have the same amount of calories for each!! I do try to drink a lot when I get that hungry feeling or drink tea and that sometimes helps it to go away for a little longer!! :)
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    How about a hard boiled egg? Or some greek yogurt?
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours or so. Sometimes every 2. And I'm almost always hungry enough to eat but never starving and never full.
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat 1700-2000 calories a day and usually just eat them in two big meals. 500-600 calories for lunch at 12:00, mostly meat and fruit, some veggies. Dinner is around 6:30 and is usually 1000-1100 calories. I don't know why, but I find large dinners extremely satisfying. I tried eating several smaller meals throughout the day but I ended up not being satisfied with the amount of food in one sitting and going waaaay overboard next chance I got.

Now that I'm starting to work out in the mornings more, though, I think I need to start adding in an egg or two for breakfast and slimming down my dinners to compensate so I don't starve in the morning at work.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Easily every two hours. My coworkers would die if they bugged me around 12-12:30PM even if I'm only taking a 15 minute lunch.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast around 7am

Snack at 9:45am (scheduled break at work)

Lunch at 12:00pm

Second break at 2:00pm

Dinner between 5:30 and 6pm

On the nights i have martial arts class, i'll have a protein shake before bed.