Plateau

Options
Hi everyone, I've been doing this weight loss thing for about a month and a half and have lost 12 lbs. I've plateaued. Still eating great. Do any of you have any suggestions? I have about 15 lbs to go. I need some ideas to get over this hump.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Opening up your diary would allow people to tailor more specific advice to you.

1. Make sure you're eating the right amount. Not too much, not too little.
    2. Change up your exercise routine. Add strength training, interval training, cardio, whatever you're not already doing. You don't necessarily need to workout more, just differently.
    3. Eat less processed food if you're eating any right now.
    4. Just keep going! Plateaus are a pain in the behind, but with a few changes and some perseverance your body will start to behave again if you don't give up.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Try to exercise more while only eating half of those calories burned, then eventually you will push through it
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i agree open your diary and exercise will get through it and people can help with what your eating.
  • DebbieRasmussen
    DebbieRasmussen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HOw do I open up my diary and exercise?
  • DebbieRasmussen
    DebbieRasmussen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Okay, for everyone who would like to give constructive help on how to get off of this plateau, I would love it. I'm a mom of 5 kids and work full time so I know part of my problem is I'm not exercising enough. Anything else?