How often...

Options
...do you weigh yourself?

I weight myself everyday and find it very discouraging so I am curious what others do.

Thanks!!

Replies

• DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the most....usually closer to once every 2 weeks.
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    First time for me is after a month - July 1st (can't wait!) and then every two weeks thereafter. Stepping on the scale (for me) is not motivating at all on a daily basis. BUT I know there will be a loss after 1 month (clothes are loose!) and every two weeks thereafter.

Do what works for you! Good Luck!
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • artessa546
    artessa546 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At first I was weighing myself every day but found that discouraging. I have switched to every week and am glad I did.
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Daily.
    I find it encouraging.
    I know that I will fluctuate by a pound or 2 but it keeps me motivated.
    My advice, take measurements. A far better way to keep track of successes.
    I have a body fat scale (I know they might not be super accurate but it's consistent enough for me) my weight has been hovering 128.6- 130.2 but my body fat is now at 17.9%, whereas my weight used to be 130.4 at 19.2%
    Don't go by the number on the scale! Take pictures and measure :)
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Daily, every morning. Helps me keep on track and allows me to see why some of the daily changes occur (i.e. Chinese food = instant 4 pound gain, LOL). I only really care about my week over week and month over month statistics which show the real trend. I got into this habit because I started my exercise journey with a Wii Fit and it wanted a daily body check - I still turn it on each morning to do this even though I rarly use it for exercise any longer......
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!! ... I know I should, but then again... money is needed to buy one of those weight telly devices.... what's their name?... Lairs?
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I have been weighing daily, but some of my friends have convinced me to try once per week. So I only weight once a week. Now that i've been doing the diet, etc for 25 days now, I have a pretty good idea as to my limits, so daily weighing isn't needed. I know it gets frustrating seeing not much movement on the scale. Weighing once a week will allow me to see the "bigger" changes.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Every day. It makes for a nice smooth graph when I look at my yearly progress report on this site.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    every morning, but I only log it once a week.
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Honestly I weight myself every day. First thing after I wake up and urinate. Just to see what habits (food and exercise) affect my weight. But I only log it once a week. Thats the only day that matters.
  • kellygerstle
    Options
    I also do it daily- Always in teh morning. Of course weight will fluctuate daily but the overall trend should be downward.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but I usually log it every 3 weeks. I know I shouldn't look every morning, but I can't help myself.
  • mawray2
    mawray2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Everyday, I like to see how different foods affect me. Also, I found that it keeps me accountable. 2 Years ago I was at 128, I stopped weighing daily, heck I stopped weighing but maybe once a week to two weeks. I stopped because if I didn't see the scale I didn't have to be honest with myself. I gained 20lbs...now I am back to weighing daily and down 10 of those 20lbs as of today.

That being said, I do understand that a slight gain doesn't always mean a real gain and I don't panic until it stays for longer than a few days.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Every two-ish weeks.

Weighing yourself too much can make you unnecessarily encouraged ("I'm down 2 pounds from last week so I can cheat a little") or discouraged ("I've been doing everything right and gained a pound" when you could be building muscle). At least that is what it does to me.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the mornings... it's just a number. I promise it won't bite.
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the mornings... it's just a number. I promise it won't bite.

LOL!! :laugh:
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I step foot in my bathroom :( It is a horrible habit that only leads to disappointment. I need to stop, but I can't.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once every 3 weeks, till after one weigh-in, I had gained 3 pounds.

Since then, I have been more strict with my diet: cut out the 10am and 3pm cookie snack and replaced it with a medium carrot.

...and I weigh myself every day.