equipment poll

Options
ok, the ankle's still swollen. i iced it, then hit the hot tub. looks like i'm going to need something low impact for awhile. so here's the question:
what piece of equipment do you all use that is great for cardio but QUIET??!!

Replies

• AndreaMMil
    Options
    ok, the ankle's still swollen. i iced it, then hit the hot tub. looks like i'm going to need something low impact for awhile. so here's the question:
    what piece of equipment do you all use that is great for cardio but QUIET??!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my Tae Bo tape....but that sure isn't gonna help that ankle any! I work out on an elliptical at my gym, but the good ones for home use are quite pricey! I bring up the elliptical because it is zero impact, but I still do not think your ankle will allow you to do even that, it sounds.
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the ankle....

You might want to check out www.glidingdiscs.com

I bought these and was surprised by how tough the work out is (of course maybe I'm just a wimp :ohwell: )

Another suggestion is a fitness circle. We used these in my pilates class and I love mine. You can find them on Amazon. ( FYI - the metal cirlce will last longer than the plastic, but the plastic will likely be cheaper.)

Good luck and I hope you are back on your feet soon. Like other said on your other post, it's better to let this heal some before getting to ambitious with your workouts. I know....I know....it's tough to take a setback.

Hang in there!
    :flowerforyou:
  • leshik21
    leshik21 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Elliptical machine is the way to go! Low impact, high calorie burn, and quiet. That might be a bit much for what you are looking for, but this is my area of expertise. If you need more help than that, I can definately point you in the right direction. I personally own an elliptical and home gym. There is nothing better on the market regardless of what tv ads say. And, there is a huge distinction in quality of equipment. So, let me know if I can be of any help.

Best of luck