Feels like I'm walking in naked to the first day of school

Dedee36
Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
:blushing:

I'm Dee.. 36. Married to my Dh for 18 yrs and together we have 3 sons. 15,12 and 3 1/2. We own a little farm in western SD. I work full time in a long term care facilty.

AND... struggling with my ever growing body. I had our last son in Oct 08. I had a very rough pregnancy, birth and delivery. We both had life threatening problems. With all that happpened I focused mostly on my little guy , caring for him and my other 2 sons. Now 4 years later I'm ready to start focusing for me. No matter what I have tried to do I just can not get past 195. It's been very frustrating.

My biggest problem is the butt to boob section. I look like I'm pergnant still. :( Now with age i noticed that it's really drooping and I have a hang over. I decided along time ago that I was NOT going to buy any more new clothes, especially jeans! I have a whole closet full that I can wear. So since I won't buy new ones I have 2 pairs that I wear. a maturnity pair and a stretchy size 18... Yea! I need to do something about this, ASAP!! I would be THRILLED to be wearing them come this fall.

SO... that's a little about me and my issues. I am ready to do this. I have 1 friend IRL that is a buddy but I need more. So I hope I can feel comfy here and get help losing this saggy pouch that I have.

Thanks for reading :D

Replies

• Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Hi Dee I'm Amanda. I have two girls 3 1/2 and 13. I'm 38 and married. I start on my own back in January probably around 220 and starting using MFP late April. I'm currently 185. Good luck, keep counting and make it a life choice! Please add me if you would like.
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Hi Dee:

I'm Laurie, married for 30 years with three girls 25, 21 and 14. I've come a long way in my weight loss journey but still have a lot to go. You are not the lone woman with a "hang over" :laugh: trust me girl. I figure I'll get a tummy tuck with all the money I'm not spending on food :bigsmile:

Everyone on the site has generally been quite supportive and I am blessed with a GREAT group of friends. I'll send you a friend request and you can accept if you'd like.
  • GrandpaRev
    GrandpaRev Posts: 10 Member
    Greetings! You're not the only one on the first day of school. You made it through the door, so WELCOME!
    I have a somewhat seditary job (I like to joke that a rock gets more exercise than I do), but after 8 weeks, through following MFP, I've lost 24 pounds. At first, it was hard for me to walk up a hill - now it's hard for me to stop.
    Stay strong and motivated. The way it sounds, you've got a great family standing behind you. If you need more friends, feel free to click me.
    Again, welcome!!!!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Hi Dee,

Two kids and 2 grandkids, working on getting rid of my hang over also. Losing boobs causes big deflation issues that turn into hang overs also (dang, did I say that). Empty nester now who has time for myself. Welcome to a great club of supporters. Feel free to add me to your list of friends.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Greetings from Saskatchewan (hard to spell easy to draw) Canada. Everybody here started on day one... just like you. Friend request sent. Cheers.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.
  • Dedee36
    Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
    :smile: Thanks everyone, nice to feel welcomed!

Yesterday I had it all planned out. I had my supper, a smart choice meal and a nice bowl of fruit. I get to work and my co worker forgot her supper and got pork tips and noodles from the cafeteria.... TEMPTATION!!!! :devil: Guess what I ate? Yep! forgot my lunch box and followed along witht he crowd. Then later I broke out my fruit but someone else brought some TGIF's onion rings and I ate them too...................

So blew my day. I have no idea how to even begin to chart that craziness. Obviously I went way over my calorie intake. Top it all off we weren't busy and so there was alot of down time, sitting on our rears.

Today will be better.