High blood pressure and BC pills?

dp1228
dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
I just found out today at my obgyn that my blood pressure was 140/90. Not good. 6 months ago I was fine. I recently started taking BC pills and I have a feeling this has something to do with it (Currently taking loestrin possibly switchign to something else with higher estrogen..) I would like to keep takign BC pills but not if it is going to elevate my blood pressure. Anyone ever deal with this? What did you end up doing?

**I am going to the doctor tomorrow I made an emergency appointment, but I am slightly freaking out here :frown:

Replies

• EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    I just found out today at my obgyn that my blood pressure was 140/90. Not good. 6 months ago I was fine. I recently started taking BC pills and I have a feeling this has something to do with it (Currently taking loestrin possibly switchign to something else with higher estrogen..) I would like to keep takign BC pills but not if it is going to elevate my blood pressure. Anyone ever deal with this? What did you end up doing?

**I am going to the doctor tomorrow I made an emergency appointment, but I am slightly freaking out here :frown:

There is not one... NOT one BC pill that does not have some sort of side effect....Yes there have been reported cases of people taking Loestrin have a rise in their blood pressure. What you have to do is switch to something else that has a lower risk side effect. Talk to your OBGYN about other options.
  • Luella70
    Luella70 Posts: 31 Member
    I know hibiscus tea naturally lowers BP....look it up.