Only 50 calories a slice!!

Options
I am so happy. I was at the grocery store today with my son. While I was looking at all the "healthy" breads to see how many calories there were, he walked up with a loaf of Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread. Only 50 calories a slice. :love: I can have toast in the morning!! I wanted to let everyone know just in case you didn't.

Replies

• its time for change
    Options
    I am so happy. I was at the grocery store today with my son. While I was looking at all the "healthy" breads to see how many calories there were, he walked up with a loaf of Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread. Only 50 calories a slice. :love: I can have toast in the morning!! I wanted to let everyone know just in case you didn't.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I love Miltons brand whole wheat with a little unsalted butter and honey, I eat this when I am running late in the am or on my way to the gym to get to a class.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Hey, the nature's own that I buy has 60 :tongue: no fair! Maybe they've updated it. I also like it because it's one of the few breads that doesn't have HFCS in it.
  • milkyway
    Options
    Thanks so much I will look for that, it sounds yummy and low-calorie! Awesome! Thanks again
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Village Hearth makes bread, hotdog and hamburger buns that are way low cal! 2 slices of 7 grain bread for 80 calories! FABULOUS!!!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    I've been eating WW whole wheat....only 80 cals for 2 slices...

Kim
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

That is the only 100% whole wheat bread that I buy. Some of the other 100% Whole Wheat breads out there can have up to 120 calories per slice. Yikes!:noway:
  • Cherylrr
    Cherylrr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Schwebels bread only 35 cal. per slice!!!
  • its time for change
    Options
    I was looking for the weight watchers bread today but I couldnt'' find it. And I have never heard of Schwebels bread or Villiage Hearth, lol. I need to find these!! I found an awesome All natural Jalepeno preserves that I can put on it. ONly 25 calories per TBSP. It has mixed flavors of spicy and sweet, that's my kind of food.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    Wonder bread lite is 40 calories a slice!
  • its time for change
    Options
    Wow, this is just getting better, lol. Is the wonder bread whole wheat?
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    there is both white and wheat.. both 40 cals a slice.. but i prefer the whole wheat... its relli yummy!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    the great thiing about natures own wheat bread is it is the normal bread size with 50 calories...and its delicious plus the type I get has omega 3 in it.