Not eating enough?

Options
Hi guys and girls,

Im just looking for some advice really.
For the past few weeks I've been eating around 1300-1400 calories a day and I've managed to lose 14ibs so far.
However, the past few days I've been noticing that I'm rather hungry getting to the end of the day, like now, for example.
I was wondering if i should be eating more etc? I've got my goals to lose 1.5ibs per week, but if i change that to 1ibs, MFP gives me nearly an extra 300 calories!

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If you want the extra 300, go for it! You can still lose plenty of inches by doing strength training even if you're not losing a pound and a half a week anymore.
  • CoralBreeze
    Options
    Just feel like it could make a lot of difference to my hunger. 300 is quite a lot! haha. I just don't know if 1380 is really too low for me?
    I'm 5ft 8, exercise 2-3 times a week and I'm 20 years old. just feel like i should probably have more
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    You could always split the difference and give yourself an extra 150 (my home > goals > change goals > custom) and see how that works for you. MFP will then tell you you'll lose 1.2 or 1.3 per week.
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I recently went from 1400 to almost 1800 it made a HUGE difference in my energy/hunger levels. I do not always eat the 1800, but i CAN if i want to. :)
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You're routinely 300 below your target . Rather than upping the target try eating upto the current target.

Do you pre log? This can help planning out food nd making sure you hav enough to eat at your danger times.

Best wishes.
  • CoralBreeze
    Options
    Hey AS,

you may have just seen that as i changed my calorie goal, I've generally been eating up to my amount :)