Wafflessss

Options
kroger7
kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
I have a waffle iron at home and, needless to say, since joining MFP it has been very neglected :laugh: So this morning I tried an *experiment* for "light" waffles and...IT WORKED! :happy: Of course they weren't as crispy, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth as some waffles :grumble: they hit the spot hehe

1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp splenda
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup egg beaters

1. Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl
2. Mix all the wet ingredients in a seperate bowl
3. Make an indentation in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients on top, stirring until just combined, like muffin batter *
4.Pour evenly over hot waffle iron and let cook 2-3 min, depending how crispy you like them :)

*note: I did add some cinnamon, a little extra flour, and a little extra splenda just based on how the batter tasted, adjust to your own taste, this is just a jumping off point

With light syrup and margarine on top these bad boys came to just under 250 cal, 40 carb (not so great if you're watching these :grumble: ) 5 fat, 2 fibre, 427 sodium and 12 g protein.

Let me know if you try, and like, them :happy:

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    When I make pancakes or waffels I also add vanilla whey protein powder (1/2 scoop for 6 waffels) this adds an extra 12 grams of protein (2 grams/waffle) as well as vanilla flavour without added sugar. adding the protein also keeps you full longer.
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    When I make pancakes or waffels I also add vanilla whey protein powder (1/2 scoop for 6 waffels) this adds an extra 12 grams of protein (2 grams/waffle) as well as vanilla flavour without added sugar. adding the protein also keeps you full longer.

ooo that's a great idea!!!
  • denitchy
    Options
    Now I wish I had a waffle iron!! LOL