Is this the kind of 5K everyone is talking about

Options
13»

Replies

• DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Also the "Hot Mess" Mud Run in Greenleaf WI on Sept. 15th! whoo hoo cant wait!

I'm doing this one also!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    just competed in Zombie Escape at Panic Point (Zombie Mud Run). here's me at the first set of mud obstacles.

me.jpg
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That's it right there. That or a Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, Ruckus Run, Run For Your Lives, Hero Dash, etc. etc.

Most fun a person can have.

bump~!
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Any good tips for getting prepared for such a race?

Run (obviously), work on upper body strength, and find a cute costume!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the Diva Dash which is on September 8th and going to sign up for the Tuff Scrambler (which i think is just a local thing) which is in October. :D

Any good tips for getting prepared for such a race?

how was diva dash? strength training! if you can run 2 miles you'll do fine with the running because you stop a lot (bottlenecks at obstacles, walking before/after obstacles, standing trying to figure out obstacles). zombie escape was my second mud run and it was COMPLETELY different from my first. first one was all about walls, walls and even more walls of various heights up to 12 feet. zombie escape was mud, ropes, water, mud, ropes, water. only obstacles they had in common were climbing up and over tires.