help...only 130 calories left for the day!!

Options
according to my food log, i only have 139 calories left for intake. what are some low calorie snacks? and still need room for dinner?

Replies

• kkylstad
    Options
    according to my food log, i only have 139 calories left for intake. what are some low calorie snacks? and still need room for dinner?
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    whoops, I overindulged for lunch too and I am at about 148 left for today! :ohwell: I am just going to have to hit the eliiptical at home for some catch up calories tonight! Ugh, and I have a big potluck dinner with my coworkers tonight! :grumble:
    :flowerforyou: Good luck to you!
  • kkylstad
    Options
    i was planning on doing the eliptical tnight too or the treadmill or something. does that mean it helps with our calorie intake? does it go up or down with excersice?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    i was planning on doing the eliptical tnight too or the treadmill or something. does that mean it helps with our calorie intake? does it go up or down with excersice?

You get more calories! :drinker:
  • mystery7707
    mystery7707 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can "earn" extra calories by entering in your exercise for the day. So, for example, if you burn 200 calories by exercising, your calories for the day should increase by 200 (ie. from 1200 to 1400). So, that's one way that you could gain a little extra calories for the day. Also, try to stick to lots of veggies for supper... they really fill you up with minimal calories if you don't have many left. Good luck!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    The more you exercise, the more you get to eat! Ah the joys of exercising! When you add your exercise under cardio it will add calories to your food diary. Gotta love it! :love:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Hey. Ahhh....well, go for a brisk walk or do some exercises. Drink water. My nutritionist said a lot of times when we think we're hungry, we're really thirsty. I didn't know that.

I'm still kinda knew at this, so I'm not sure if this helped you any. I have about 300 cal's left for today...I'm hoping I can do it...but something tells me that I'm going to go over a little. :sad:
  • kkylstad
    Options
    i usually do a boot camp four days a week and burn up to 600+ calories. this is my first day on this website so i cant wait to enter in those calories i burn up. this site is fun!!!!!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    You can eat more when you exercise. If you put the amount you exercise into the exercise log, it automatically adds them to your daily allowance for that day. You'll see it in your food log.
    Good luck!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I would just steam some veggies and add a little bit of lite soy sauce or low cal dressing for dinner. Popcorn is also good for a snack you can get decent size snack bags for 90 cals for the whole bag. If you exercise a little you can add chicken or something to your meal. Good luck
  • milkyway
    Options
    :wink: I Just wanted to say how much I love this site. I can keep track of my calorie intake plus excercise. I love how I can enter in my own food if its not in the data base. I've been on this site for a little less than week! I love it!
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    I have been a little confused about the calories and excersise numbers. So for example, I am allowed 1270 calories a day. When I excersise, I usually burn 500. So that is 1770 calories a day. But, with the 1270 calories a day- without excersise- is that how many I can have and loose wieght or just maintain? In other words, if I excersise, and I eat the full 1270 calories, that puts me into the red, but isnt that where I am supposed to be to be loosing weight? Or, has the system given me the number of calories I need to eat if I want to loose a pound a week (thats how much I told them I wanted to loose)..I hope this makes sense. It was hard to explain.
  • kkylstad
    Options
    okay i havent excercised yet today but just to see what it would say, i put in that i burned 500 calories from working out. i usually do an hour of circuit training. my food intake for the rest of the day went from 139 to 600+. that is awesome. i removed to calories burned because i havent done them yet but that sure makes me want to work out tonight. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I have been a little confused about the calories and excersise numbers. So for example, I am allowed 1270 calories a day. When I excersise, I usually burn 500. So that is 1770 calories a day. But, with the 1270 calories a day- without excersise- is that how many I can have and loose wieght or just maintain? In other words, if I excersise, and I eat the full 1270 calories, that puts me into the red, but isnt that where I am supposed to be to be loosing weight? Or, has the system given me the number of calories I need to eat if I want to loose a pound a week (thats how much I told them I wanted to loose)..I hope this makes sense. It was hard to explain.

Always eat what it tells you to eat! If you exercise then you get to eat more calories. This site already calculates for your daily BMR and gives you a caloric intake from there. So when it tells you to eat, EAT!:bigsmile:
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    I keep reading postings from people who are just as confused as I am and say that when they eat the bonus calories they stop loosing wieght. I have only gained weight since I started but its not from over eating. What has been your experiences? Are you loosing with the bonuse calories still? Do you eat all of them? It just seems like it contradicts the whole deplecion theory.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I think eating your calories defeats the purpose of loosing them? So I am with a few posters that say just eat a few of them, perhaps half? That would make more sense to me anyway.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options

People explained this to me about a thousand times before I got it...so don't feel alone. Just to maintain weight, at rest, I need 1710 calories. I need to reduce by 3500 calories a week, or 500 a day, to lose one pound of fat. So the site calculates that for me and I am allowed 1210 calories per day. At that rate, doing minimal movement, and no exercise, I should lose one pound a week. This is the point where it gets contradictory and confusing and, also where people's differences come in. If I do an additional 500 calories a day in exercise, and eat only the 1210 calories, then I should lose 2 pounds a week, since the drop in food intake equals 3500 and the exercise for the week equals 3500. Some people say to eat all the calories you do in exercise, others say eat half of them, some say eat some of them if you need them. That's why you need to keep track of everything you eat and everything you do because your body will be different than others and what works for them may not be working for you. Keep reading and asking questions and it'll begin to make sense.
  • joanne123
    Options
    I just love the way this works, I been dashing home from the pool to add my swimming into the log and then I feel really good when I have a few calories left over at the end of the day. I've found it hard to find exercise that I like and now I've got swimming I hope to see those scales move! :laugh:
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    But also remember that if you don't eat at least 1000 cal a day you body will think you are starving it and save the fat!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Hey. Ahhh....well, go for a brisk walk or do some exercises. Drink water. My nutritionist said a lot of times when we think we're hungry, we're really thirsty. I didn't know that.

I'm still kinda knew at this, so I'm not sure if this helped you any. I have about 300 cal's left for today...I'm hoping I can do it...but something tells me that I'm going to go over a little. :sad:

I had heard that same thing about being thirsty, not hungry. So when I feel like snacking, I drink 16 ounces of water and wait a few minutes. Then if I really want something, I choose something from the healthy snack box. If you do go over, don't panic and keep eating. Just take the 100 or so calorie hit, do a little exercise to recoup some of it, and begin again tomorrow. And use your 300 calories wisely: a nice big salad, vegetable for a side dish, and a lean protein and you should be okay.